Project : New Tank!!

Reaction score
Well on Monday at 5:15pm my quest started with the arrival of my new 3ft tank couriered down from Middleburg, at approx 5:20pm my quest took a pit stop. On opening the packaging i found that the front pane of glass of my new...er...2nd hand tank had a crack running down the front.

Today got a new pane of glass. Les has offered to put the new pane in for me and do the work on the tank so i can attach the sump. I am sure he is already regretting this what with all my questions and phone calls. For his patience and help I am very greatful as I know next to nothing about DIY. I know he is very talented in this area and comes highly recommended :thumbup:, looking forward to the end result.

Where's the pics dude!!??

Sounds great! Les is good at that stuff.
Oh and pics please :p

ha ha buddy you welcome to cll me anytime my wife may think we are having an affair but thats cool it will keep her on her toes:razz:.. i really just want you to get a good start and judging from your other tank you have the talents to do something great with this tank.. tank will be delivered to my place tonight and i will begin with removing the front piece of glass.. thank you for the kind comments lets get this puppy up and running:slayer:...

LOL!! :lol:

Wanted to take pics yesterday, but i couldnt find the camera. Will take some today before i ship the tank off to Les.

OK so the tank arrived i butchered the front piece of glass off and have replaced it.. busy drying as we speak..

here are some pics for the paparattzzi lovers..
271120081295.jpg

271120081296.jpg

271120081297.jpg

glass replaced and silicone settig as we speak.
271120081298.jpg

will follow up on the bit tomorrow.. hope to drill this sucker asap as im surfing a contest this weekend and its gonna be a bit of a pissup!! wouldent want to drill the hole skew.

silicone has dried nicley and just letting it cure.. noticed the glass was a little skew but i have evened it out to the best of my abilities...

ha ha no probs.. i dident have my glue gun so had to make a plan:whistling: this is what i used.;)

281120081301.jpg

one little snag is that the holesaw will only be here next week, it was a little too late to get it the next day.. being on the run all day i just said it was fine so as not to further cause delay...:whistling:

Well modified the cabinet this morning. It had a chip wood partition in the middle. Was going to saw out a section so the sump could fit in, but while sawing the whole piece just slid out. So I have now taken that piece and put it against the back wall of the cabinet for extra support at the back and have added a piece of wood in front of the sump to give a bit of extra support there. Am told i probably wont need the middle support as the the sides of the cabinet are taking all the load baring responsibility...hope this is so:whistling:.

Wanting to post pics, but for some reason i cant seem to get them to upload, will try again when i have some free time.

Also bought 2x seio 530 prop pumps yesterday for flow in the tank, giving me 2000L/h each. For the 200L tank. Now just need to get a skimmer and light fittings.

u gonna like thoses pumps...got some as well....very neat little jobbies...goo dluck with ur build man:)

Here are some pics so far...

12974932b916f2de6.jpg

Tank before Les took it to get repaired.

12974932b94f7d17e.jpg

Inside of cabinet before alterations
12974932b96037cf0.jpg

After alterations...still need to paint beam and am thinking of adding a partition above the sump for more shelving and to stop evaporation going directly onto the top of the cabinet...case it wares out the wood.
12974932b972c794f.jpg

Some Aquascaping ideas...

Back
Top Bottom