1. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Well 25 September is Project Aware day.

What are you doing to help clean up the environment.

Ideas on each sub/section, marine club/section to do their bit for this national day.

I will not be able to make it to the coast to help out their but i will be doing my bit along the river close to our diving club.

Lets see if MASA can make an impact on the environment. Come on club organisers lets get a comp together and include a social day.

Project AWARE Foundation: Volunteer: Cleanup

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor Thread Starter

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

definatley a worthwhile way to spend the day.. i will be at nahoon/gonubie doing my bit there.. all please participate small efforts by everyone make a huge difference.. if ants can do it we can...

5. Nemos Janitor

ONLY Two MASA members out of 3700+ posted that they are doing something. Sorry to say guys, this is not on. This forum is all mouth on what to do and little action. I am wrong am I? MODS what are you going to do about this. Have you organised a troop in your area. Come on guys get involved and do your bit. Every little bit counts. Make a day of it with the family. The environment really needs your input. Please.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2010
  6. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

I am number 69 who viewed this thread, Keith.
    I am just finished with my daily duty in the hatchery. I had today a meeting with an important guy. If he keeps his word, then I am going to do more than anybody ever did in one go. Keep your fingers cross, that these projects are coming through.
    I saw Steve Warren's thread about the beach clean up they want to do and was wondering if something like that could be implemented on a regular basis all over South Africa. I agree, all reefclubs should organise things like that, but I doubt that the guys pitch. A get together is already difficult to plan as many dont pitch as promised.
    The majority is good with their mouth but when it comes to action, then there are plenty of excuses. So I really think, it will be always the same hands who are doing the work for free.

7. Nemos Janitor

Right Marcel, lets hope that i am wrong and that MASA members really come to the party. Enthusiastic!!! Well lets see what a little more support will do.:thumbup:

Last edited: 17 Sep 2010
  8. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Hell you do it one day a year, i do this for a living at the moment.

9. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

I am unfortunately out of the country, but i support this in spirit !

10. chikaboo

chikaboo

Heres my contribution ..... I'm informing those durban dudes that I heard through the grapevine there is a "cleanup" at vetchies today or tomorrow .... Too much of Junk being thrown in there so take your flippers and snorkel and get down there .... there I did my good deed for now :lol:.... just to get something physically done next weekend:whistling:

Last edited: 18 Sep 2010
  11. Nemos Janitor

Thanks guys, that's the spirit, much much better.:thumbup:

Last edited: 18 Sep 2010
  12. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

My little dude makes his 1st visit to CTN & has never been to the sea so I'm pulling our old duck out, it's been some tine since the duck was on the ocean & taking him out to sea & will do our bit for the clean up. I'm so amped up as I haven't seen my son for a very long time. What's the CTN reef junkies doing?

13. FransSny

FransSny

Very nice thread NJ, and I agree with what you are saying but unfortunately Marcel is correct in his assesment that most of the time there is LOTS of talk and VERY LITTLE action.

I also think this should be a permanent mindset with all of us , if walking down the beach and you see : shit : lying around, take two minutes and pick it up there is normally a dustbit within a 10 mtr radius ! I was at Big Bay yesterday and it took me and the laaitie a whole of 5 minutes to pick up a bag of papers, glas etc.

If everyone just picks up one or two papers.....imagine

BTW CT guys 2 Oceans has a cleanup going on the 25 th, might be a good idea for all of us to pitch in as a crowd. I just dont snorkel in this bloody cold water, will leave that up to crazies like JB

14. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

We do enviromental cleanup everyday.

Recent Posts