Project 3foot stack

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by 4age, 13 Apr 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4age

4age

Hi guys

I have been a member on this forum for some time now, but have unfortunately not been able to set up my marine tanks as yet.

i have since decided to proceed with a small project....i have a stand at home that holds two 3foot tanks..with space for another at the bottom..currently they house some bathwater fish (exotic plecos) which i will be moving.

i was thinking of drilling the tanks and adding a 3foot sump underneath with a dsb mayb..i have two 4x 39w t5 units i can use on the tank...i want to keep some zoas and other soft corals.

I need a decent skimmer tho..anyone have a nice skimmer to sell me at a good price..i am unfortunately on a budget for this project as i will still need to spend cash to set up my 2m FOWL.

here are some pics of the set up with some equipment..i picked up a bubbl emagus reactor which the previous owner used for carbon..what else can i run in it? i also got a nitrate reactor with media..any advise on these?

[​IMG]

bubble magus reactor

[​IMG]

nitrate reactor and media

[​IMG]

will appreciate your advise herein..i havnt kept marines in ages and cannot wait to do tank..was thing of using top tank for corals, then running a refugium in 2nd tank with live rock to add tons of pods to system

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

yes, you can drill them. Standard corner box overflow. Use another 90L as sump.

Set it up so that the top, overflow into the middle tank, and the middle overflow to the sump. But in such a way that each tank can overflow directly to the sump.

If you set this up correctly, you can easily use this setup in the future as a complete standalone quarantine holding system.

Biggest problem would be to get a skimmer short enough to fit in under the stand. Maybe have a separate skimmer chamber, using that small tank underneath, placed on short stand next to this system. So that that small tank overflow into the sump.

4. 4age

4age Thread Starter

Hi RiaanP..tahnks for that advice..that is exactly how i want to set up the system. there will be plenty of space under the tank...the stand looks low because the small tank is on top of a crate..what do you think i should run in the recator? or shud i keep the reactor and nitrate reactor for my 2m FOWL

5. 4age

4age Thread Starter

mods, please close this thread....i have bigger and better plans on the way..stay tuned guys.:whistling:

Recent Posts