Profilux programmable logic

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by vatso, 6 Sep 2010.

1. vatso

vatso

Hi All

I thought I would share some of what one can do with a Profilux & programmable logic

Currently I use these functions on my tank.

1.) Temperature control now that it's getting hotter I am running my tank cooler at night so that the MH don't boil the DT.

How I do this is by creating a Virtual Temperature probe which is a copy of the normal temp prob.

I then tell the Profilux to use each probe at different times of the day/night using programmable logic.

2.) ATO & Kalk Mixing - I don't have a proper Kalk Stirrer my kalk only get's mixed when my ATO come on & this some times is for only a few seconds so it does not really mix well. What I have programmed is that my ATO will be on a Max of 3 minutes & min or 1 minute even if the float switch is off.

this allows the RO pump to mix my kalk so that every time my ATO comes on well mixed Kalk goes into my tank.

3.) Skimmer Delay on - I use this function when I put my tank into feed pause so that the liquid foods do not get skimmed out of my tank.

So the feed pause reactivates the return & other pumps but the skimmer only gets activated only after a set delay time.

these are just some of the little things that can be done to help keep ones parameters constant.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Cool, just check your skimmer pump rotor assembly. Do not know what skimmer pump you have, but on my older Reeftel TS2, the magnet part and blades portion is not a single unit (like most of them) And it got two little stupid markes that locks the two together. What happens is that these marks stripped down and then the blades and magnet is not a unit anymore. So most return pumps should never be on a switching system. IMO most BIG pumps with a lot of woema / power.

I used to run my skimmer only at night on a timer. Mostly softies that feed by day. And eventually I had to replace the rotor.

4. neil.h

neil.h

How up to date is your ReefStatus? Or is your ph probe stuffed? ph of 6.31?

5. vatso

vatso Thread Starter

I have a 5000 Bubble blaster pump :)

Neil - the PH probe is running my CARX that why it's shows low

6. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Vatso is using his profilux to control his CARX

Recent Posts