Profilux Owners

I have been thinking about the ProFilux dimmable LED light units for Sunrise, Moon phase and storms etc. I am not sure the storms are really worth it to be honest.

What I was wondering is what it would take to DIY dimmable LEDs. Are the dimmable ones a special brand or is it the controller. I know the ProFilux controller for the LED light units is 1 to 10volts

The cost of 3 blue LEDs can not be that much to get sorted..... maybe till I have lots of money for ProFilux toys.

Oh man this is a good one... never thought of that... where do I sign up :thumbup:

1) you setup a sensor to stop the skimmer (level x)
2) you want to stop will feeding (filter)

3) logic => level x or filter

Feed pause might not give you long enough you can always use timer & or Maintenance

Mark

1) you setup a sensor to stop the skimmer (level x)
2) you want to stop will feeding (filter)

3) logic => level x or filter

Feed pause might not give you long enough you can always use timer & or Maintenance

Mark

Simple with ProFIlux as normal.
Today I want to try make the skimmer come on after my Filter (Return) comes on to keep the level in the Skimmer down.

This looks good - Adding delay to skimmer start

I have been thinking about the ProFilux dimmable LED light units for Sunrise, Moon phase and storms etc. I am not sure the storms are really worth it to be honest.

What I was wondering is what it would take to DIY dimmable LEDs. Are the dimmable ones a special brand or is it the controller. I know the ProFilux controller for the LED light units is 1 to 10volts

The cost of 3 blue LEDs can not be that much to get sorted..... maybe till I have lots of money for ProFilux toys.

As far as I know the profilux controls a light unit & not the LED's directly

Oh & the Storm thing is more to wow your mates :)

As far as I know the profilux controls a light unit & not the LED's directly

Guess it will just be fitting a few blue LEDs then on a socket for now, maybe variable for a few months.

Oh & the Storm thing is more to wow your mates :)

So true, so true... some guys even have the noise.... strange.

Just make both pumps = Filter :)

Nah then they come on together... and the skimmer can fill quite quickly.
Also at night I go into maint for 20 to feed the corals, and then go back to bed. Would like the filter to come back on after a bit and then leave the skimmer off so the coral chow has a bit of a chance not to get eaten up by the skimmer. (If that makes sense)

Yes - use maintenance 2 for the skimmer with a longer time off or use timer

Last edited:
Sorry See above Maintenance 2

Each Socket can have a different maintenance time so just make your skimmer pump socket maintenance time longer is what I was meaning if you are using Maintenance as your feed pause.

I have requested a longer programmable feed pause time

Each Socket can have a different maintenance time so just make your skimmer pump socket maintenance time longer is what I was meaning if you are using Maintenance as your feed pause.

Yeah got that and did not know we can.
Now I want to go home and play.. this work thing always gets in the way!!

I know how you feel :)

Ross some LED info for you

Now our new led-controller "LEDControl1" is available.

It enables you to dim a LED-lamp with 700mA and max. 20V with a 1-10V-interface of the ProfiLux.

Plugs and sockets are compatible to TMC/Aquaray lamps.

588_1.jpg

Ross some LED info for you

Ta mate, might be worth checking out what it will cost.
Not wanting to spend a fortune on something like this just for moon lights and like you said, just for the wow factor.

By the way, I can only set maint for all my sockets, I can not make the maint time for my skimmer diff to the filter etc. Is it cause I have the old software?

You right they can only be set all at once!

but here is a work around

1.) Feed Pause 20 min - Max feed pause time
2.) Maintenance 25 min

Programmable logic filter pump or maintenance

Back
Top Bottom