Prodibio

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by viper357, 16 Apr 2009.

1. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Is anybody here using Prodibio?

I have just bought the Bio-digest and Bio-optim and was just wondering who else uses these and any of the other Prodibio product range? Any visible improvements in your tank etc.?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Monti

Monti

I use. Most definate improvement. However, you cant expect instant success- you need to stick by it for a while. Once it has thoroughly kicked in, you can expect to see way reduced algae, almost no nitrates and very very clean water. Also, just keep an eye on your skimmer. Turn it off for a while after dosing to let everything mix. Your skimmer may go crazy for a while

4. viper357

viper357 Thread Starter Admin MASA Contributor

Thanks for the info about switching the skimmer off Monti, I'll do that.

What products are you using?

5. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

What is the name of Prodibio's bacteria food?

6. Monti

Monti

The basic three- Optim, Digest and ReefBooster (very basically amino acids for once you reach a Low Nutrient State)

7. Monti

Monti

8. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Where in Durbz do you get this stuff from Dave?

9. Tony

Tony

Viper. That stuff is the bomb. I had a lawn six monthe ago and my nitrates went from 20ppm to 1ppm in a month. All algae gone. I know who keeps it but I don't know if I am allowed to mention names.

You must shake the vial of the bacteria like mad then add it to the tank. Break both sides off and rinse the vial in the tank water. Don't use the reefbooster till your nutrients are down. Your corals will go mad when you add that stuff. Sweeper tentacles everywhere. I only use the Biodigest and Vodka dose. The bioptim is just food which the vodka will replicate

10. viper357

Yes you can mention names.

Thanks Tony, so just the bioptim and digest to start off with, do you dose as per the recommendations, once every 2 weeks? And do you guys dose both vials at the same time?

11. Monti

Monti

Basically, you should only be dozing the Reefbosster once you reach a LNS (typically a round 6 weeks to 2 months).

And I got it from SIMS mekaeel

12. Tony

Tony

SIMS has brought in extras. When I first started I added one vial of biodigest and one bioptim but I had a smaller tank. I did this every ten day initially but then I never really read the instructions. One should do it every fifteen day to boost the bacterial strains. Just add all the stuff at once and like mentioned earlier, turn off the skimmer. ONe vial of the bacteria for every 1000 litres and one vial of bioptim for every 500l.

Viper, I never had that stuff for five months because of unavailability and my nutrients still remained low at 5ppm for nitrates and 0.1ppm for phosphates. I just added more a few days ago. I don' have a DSB, denitrator and just run some phosphate remover.

The reason for adding the stuff every fortnight is that the needs of your tank changes over time. If you have a nitrate problem, those bacteria will multiply and be dominant. The same for phosphates and other things hence redosing. I reckon once the tank is nutrient poor you can add one every month. Just remember that this stuff will kill off macro algae in a refugium as the tank slowly strarves the algae of nutrients

viper357 likes this.
  13. viper357

What about my nano tank that is only 100 litres? From my understanding, one vial will treat up to 1000 litres, and they also sell a nano pack which has the same sized vials in which means that whether your tank is 100 litres or 1000 litres you still dose one full vial, am I right?

14. SIMS

SIMS

Yes you are correct...1 full vial

Also the does for dioptim is 1 per 200l not 500l ;)

15. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

sounds like good stuff...you getting more in sims?

16. Tony

Tony

You get the Prodibio for a nano. Otherwise you have to use the whole one or maybe split between two smaller tanks. Unfortunately you have to use it all at once

17. Tony

Tony

Oops. Silly me. Shaun. You better keep a steady supply and get those Frenchies to supply you direct. I'll be your rep

18. viper357

So this assists with nitrates, phosphates and ultimately algae control?

19. Tony

Tony

That's it and it works very well. It's a pity we can't get a local distributor. SIMS has to buy it via a retailer overseas and then sell it to us.

20. viper357

Cool, thanks.

Recent Posts