Problem with my Boyu TL-550's heating

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by fitos100, 31 Oct 2010.

1. fitos100

fitos100

[​IMG]Hello everyone.

Hello, I have an issue with my heater. Its an 100W Jager for my 120L marine aquarium (Boyu TL-550). I control it with the eliwell 915 controller.
    My problem is, although i set the eliwell to start the heater at the 26.3C and stop it at the 26.5C (i adjusted the heater to 27C) the last few days
    since the out temperature is almost 15C, I see on the eliwell's indication 25.9, so my heater cant take the temperature to the desirable temperature i want.
    As you see in the pic above, i have put the heater on the sump, in the second chamber (from the right). Between the second chamber and the third, i have two different water levels, (an overflow). Can you tell me pls why my heater can't raise up the temperature????? Is it a heater's problem, or the position of the heater??????

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. nico.m.ferreira

nico.m.ferreira

Thal low temp tels me your heater isn't working. Just test it to see if it heats up or not.
    The position of your heater is fine.

4. fitos100

fitos100 Thread Starter

My heater is working. I can see the light of the heater to turn on and off. If the heater wasn't working, i would have lower temperature, since the room's temperature is 18 C. The only problem is that the heater can't raise the temperature at 26.5 C, while the temperature in the room is lower from 20 C.

5. FransSny

FransSny

Your controller is off / not calibrated etc

6. Manic

Manic Moderator

Here is how I read your problem, your controller turns the heater on perfectly but your heater is not strong enough to keep the water at 26.3. Instead the heater is only strong enough to heat the water up to 25.9. My tank is 550L and I have 600W of heaters running off a controller set to 25. When it is really cold and my heaters are on the controller normally says 24.8. It is just because your heater is not strong enough. Just put your controller on 25, you don't need to run the tank at 26.

7. fitos100

fitos100 Thread Starter

Thanks. You are right, my doubts where for the heater's power but i wanted to be sure.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2010
Recent Posts