Pro Aqua microbe Innoculant- Should I ? or should I not ?

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Regs, 3 Dec 2011.

1. Regs

Regs

Hey guys I am building up a reef tank :) I have used Live rock , Live sand in a deep sand bed ( sump) and NSW and its been running for a month and a half, I have cleaner wrasse , Shrimp ,clowns along with Zoanthids, fanworms , hermits etc. My nitrates are about 4 ppm ,and all parameters are great, just my nitrates are not down yet and my DSB is not mature yet , lots of organisms in it , but not mature ( 3mths at least i know) now I went to an awesome petshop today in Hillcrest and it has such a rocking Marine setup ,they have lovely stock and the guy mentioned why don't I add this Pro Aqua microbe Innoculant it can accelerate the maturity and add valuable benneficial microbes into my system fast. He said they did it on all their tanks , and had corals in them after a week, and its running well, now my questions is ....should I ? or should I not ?

I am more than happy to wait for the tank to mature , but this was offered and I dunno what to think of it ?

Thanx guys ..here it is

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

No experience with that product, haven't heard of anybody else using it either. I'm not sure why you need it though? There is nothing wrong with Nitrates of 4, you have to have some nitrates in the tank. You've already got fish and inverts in the tank, your tank is cycled, no need to spend money on anything else.:) It sounds like you're waiting for something before you put corals in your tank? Your tank is ready, go buy your corals.:D If you're still a bit unsure then just buy one coral and monitor it for a week.

Alan likes this.
  4. FransSny

FransSny

Have to agree with Dean & Alan, your Nitrates doesnt seem an issue, as for the product ...also I have no personal experience and havent really found anything on the net either....my best bet would be that it is Bacillus sp (thus the warning of keeping it closed etc), it is a short lived species and yes would help in a sense but a single strain would only work in one way....rather look (if you really feel you want / need to) at a product containing a variety of bacterial strains

Hope this helps :)

BTW : if you just want to bring Nitrates down , try Microbelift Nite Out II

5. Regs

Regs Thread Starter

Hey Viper thanks a lot for the reply :biggrin: I have got some Corals in and they are doing well, thanx a lot !
    I didnt put any of that stuff into the tank in the end and my nitrates are down to 1,5 :yeahdude:

Hey FransSny I have to agree with you , i have just been patient and it all worked out, and now i have corals in my tank , thanx for your input guys...I will check out the Microbelift Nite Out II

here is my first nice coral besides Zooanthids

[​IMG]

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Looks good. :)

Recent Posts