Predator Tank - 1800x930x800 (Starfire)

Discussion in 'Supersized Tanks' started by Marine007, 5 Aug 2015.

1. Marine007

Marine007

This tank was my main display (reef) tank and after having it setup and running well I noticed that my floor was not very level (a significant sloping tank with 1300 liters pressing against one side, and silicone weakening on the side taking most of the pressure.

Didn't want to take any chances so decided to strip down the tank and redo. While dreading the job that lay ahead I found a similar sized Starfire tank from a new reefer that packed up 5 months after setting up (Score!) and it was easier to start up the new tank.

So this monster was sitting in my garage and finally after almost a year the silicone is redone, extra bracing in place and it is level on my garage floor. So the perfect opportunity to start a predator tank.

Specs:
    1.8m x 0.93m x 0.8m - 12mm heavily braced Starfire glass

Hardware:
    ATB Skimmer
    Tunze 6105 & Jebao RW-15
    Weipro Temp controller - 2x 300W titanium heaters.
    Big UV Sterilizer
    Jebao DCT8000 return pump
    ReefAngel (if I can get it all the components working again!)
    SolarMax LED 2 x 1.5m bars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Livestock:
    - Aragonite relaxing in bleach, Live rock chilling in a container and a Scopas Tang keeping the live rock company.

Tank will be cycling by Friday when aragonite should be mostly Am free.

Scopas Tang will be first resident.

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. devesh.r

devesh.r

Look good so far.

4. sandersc

sandersc

@Marine007 this is gonna be a nice tank, almost too nice to be standing in the garage. What are those others tanks next to this one?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. Marine007

Marine007 Thread Starter

Next to it is my wife's 2m malawi tank, and on the other side is a few small freshwater tanks that used to be in the kids rooms but they didnt take care of it. Plan to start stocking those freshwater tanks with Mollies .... (for some live chase scenes in the predator tank).

I have a 2m x 0.8m x 0.8m in the living room with my reef. Garage is only space in the house for further tanks. I've put a DB board and plugs in skirtings in the garage to accommodate the tanks there!

Recent Posts