Powerhead not working

Reaction score
My Seio 620 powerhead isn't working. Any ideas? Plug wiring is fine. It is 2nd hand.

can you spin the wheel easily? if not it's probably jammed up with crud, try soaking it in a vinegar solution to free it up, if not then it may be the motor has burned out

Open it and make sure the impellor is clean and moves freely. Check that the ceramic shaft is not broken.

If mine doesnt start I give it a "loving tap":p

Last edited:
Does the impellor spin freely on the shaft when it is out of the pump?

Mine tend to stick occasionally and I just take off the round screw-on attachment and it kicks in again, watch your fingers though.

Does the impellor spin freely on the shaft when it is out of the pump?

Mine tend to stick occasionally and I just take off the round screw-on attachment and it kicks in again, watch your fingers though.

yip that works, didnt know if I should share such a dodgy technique:lol:

It does spin freely, after re-assembly I cant unscrew it now. dammit!!!! Off to the LFS tomorrow:nono:

sorry to hear your ahving problems and if your going to buy a new one why dont you upgrade its so little price diffence

Gaboon, stupid question but its happened to me before, is the 2 prong plug working?

It was a 3 prong already, shortened the wiring and put on new plug but still nothing. What could explain powerhead, skimmer pump and return pump not working? Lightning, power surge? Eskom?

Are you using a Muti plug ?

What could explain powerhead, skimmer pump and return pump not working? Lightning, power surge? Eskom?

Bad luck maybe....

Sorry could not resist. Your Tank...I would upgrade to the 1100...remember flow is more important than lighting. And Eco aquatics are super cheap, will also replace skimmer pump...

mmhh judging by everyones questions,and your replys,sounds like you gotta chuck it

Back
Top Bottom