Urgent help needed Power Outage

Reaction score
Hi all, have been having a power outage since 3am this morning. I have a ups which ran on the return but is now dead too. Have been stirring the water to aerate it, but corals not looking too good... Nor is the livestock. What else can I do? Eskom replacing a trip box in the area, so no time available on Shen power is to be restored. Help!!!

Go get a battery powered airpump, have they indicated how long it will take?

I once stood for three hours in winter time stirring my tank with a wooden spoon.

Hi all. After an 8 hour outage, the power returned. I have suffered no losses. I am amazed.
Thank you all who gave their input and advice. It was a major stressful time and it's caused me to rethink my backup plans for the future. This will be a subject of discussion at the Jhb reefers meeting I will be hosting today. Should be interesting hearing opinions from the reefers with gills, webbed feet and no white spots :thumbup:

Thank you all and for those that are local, come on over and meet these old salty's.

Still add some hydrogen peroxide available from any chemist as the waters O2 levels are low and the danger isnt over. Use it at a dose of 15ml per 100 litres. Use the 30 or 40 percent strength

I got a little battery operated air pump that cost R120.. Then If the power is out every few hours I take water from the sump and fill up the DT just to cycle some water :) .. good to hear the power came back on

Am i allowed to advertise a inverter that i made runs on car battery and gives about 600W
if not then mods please remove this

thanks

If you want to sell it you could put it in the For Sale section,

If its something you want to start to build and sell regularly you will have to become a sponsor as I understand.

If you want to share the design with us so we can follow in your footsteps you can post it in the DIY/or this section.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom