Power cuts

PAT

Reaction score
hi guys and gals hope u all had a good christmas and new year, and are are all ready for a heavy year with eishkom's power cuts.
I have heard about a smaller electric generator which is plugged into a normal 220V and kicks in when there is a power cut and runs for average 5 hrs and when the power is on again it recharges. Has anyone heard or seen about it they are about R4000 and are suitable for the tanks. My father has only seen them in Jhb not in Dbn.

Sounds more like a UPS than a generator. A generator per definition does not run off of batteries, but on some other fuel.

Hi Pat - welcome back to you to.... And thanks for the well wishes.

Could you please get more information from your dad on EXACTLY what this unit is (name, brand, where can it be bought, technical specs, how much can it carry (wattage wise), etc)????

I would help greatly. Many thanks.

good to have you back PAT!
im thinking of rather investing in a large UPS rather than a Gennie.
maybe Preshan can tell us about his UPS,from what ive seen,he's is huge

sounds interesting pat! please give us more info

I just orered a Yamaha gennie for R7100...5500w and the guy recons it will run my tank no problem at all...even the chiller (1hp)

No No boys...I ALWAYS have someone at home...I work about 2 mins from the house so I first get a call from whoever is at home (GF, Maid, Gardener) and then ADT. When I'm away my gardener is on duty 24/7. I will buy a small ups to run my return pump in the event that that all fails...

The UPS, is that only to regulate the power from the batteries then?

Back
Top Bottom