Power Compacts and MH

Reaction score
hi
I've been brousing around USA sites selling PL kits etc. and found that they are damn expensive to import with the R/USD exchange rates, so....

where can a get cheep balasts and connectors (German type) and all the other things needed in SA for a damn lot cheaper than the US?

the price of the globs ie. 55W,96W or even 130W are not too bad so I don't mind getting them from USA

ALSO...
where can a get cheep but not too crap MH balasts reflectors and all i need, OR a very good 'security' setup ready to accept 250W globes (screw in)?
I will get the globs from branded makes (14.5K+ but < 20K 250W - any recommendations?)

thanks

I am not so sure about Jo'burg...

But, here in Cape Town an electrical lighting shop, ie. Aurora Lights, sells 250 watt metal halide security lights.... they usually go for around R500/R600....

I like the 250W 20K Radium (E40) make MH globes, are they available in SA or should I import them (70USD)?
I can get the MH 250W 'electronic' balast (Icecap make - full plug and ply kit) for USD120 ex shipping.
is this a good price?

I am not so sure about Jo'burg...

But, here in Cape Town an electrical lighting shop, ie. Aurora Lights, sells 250 watt metal halide security lights.... they usually go for around R500/R600....

thanks I'l look around JHB, but most of the shops here are; MH ! What the F! is that!?
found one shop that has 250W balasts only, no cap or ignitors:p
and I don't know if you wil get the most from good quality globe using this setup?

Back
Top Bottom