Powder blue and Regal compatability

Reaction score
Have a Powder blue (healty - no whitespot or anything else and he has been in my tank for three weeks now) and a (small) regal in my display tank. Problem is that the powder blue has taken a serious dislike to the regal. All was OK originally but for the last week the regal cannot show his face without being seriously harassed by the powder blue. Is this usual? Also have a relatively large) yellow tang and a scopa tang in my tank and, aside from the occasional show of power by the yellow, all seem fine with each other.

whats the size of the PB and the regal kevin?ive kept 2 in my tank with no wars but the PB eventually got whitespots and died after a few weeks as i had an amonia spike

Powder blue is about 4cm total length and the regal is about half of that Mekaeel.

Mine are both fine, the PB gave the regal serious stick for a few days, probably about a week, but now they are the best of mates.

Stick it out as long as you can, they might hopefully sort themselves out. If you can, move some rock around to disturb their sense of being territorial over a certain piece of real estate.

Hi

I concur with Viper. I have 2 Yellows, 2 regals, Naso, & PB. They all gave each other seriuos stick but made friend at the end,

Carl

Thanks all. I would really hate to have to try to catch one of them and move/swop it. Guess the old adage about patience comes to mind again!

Hi Makaeel

No they all got introduced individually over about 4 months

Carl

Apologies about the delayed response - been away doing what I have to to finance my reefkeeping habit!

Afsal, my tank is a 4footer. I have adjusted some of the rock and removed some into my refugium (DSB to be) and things are a little better then they were. At least the regal gets to spend some time in open water now.

Stick it out Kevin, pretty sure they will settle down

Back
Top Bottom