Urgent help needed Potters Angel fish

Reaction score
Please help folks.

In quarantine, fish has turned a greyish color with cloudy eyes, fins look as though the are eroding.

I suspect marine velvet. Fish is not eating, swimming at surface, gasping for air.

Water is good, no ammonia or nitrates, ph is good...

dsc-0128.jpg

I would suggest to add a airstone in there for a while( To assist in the exchange of gasses presently). When last did the fish eat ? Please also explain your quarantine methods used, did you medicate ?

Last edited:
There is a hob skimmer which airates, 60L tank, powerhead turned down, tank water from dt. Bought fish on Friday. Fish hasnt eaten since I bought it. Ive dosed cupramine since this morning when I observed what I believe is marine velvet. Tank is bare bottom, no media or rock etc. Im not concerned about my quarantine method as it is correct and has worked for all 11 other fish in the DT. Is this velvet or am I wrong?

Last edited:
is the salinity normal?

Have you dosed any meds?
When did you get the fish?

Salinity is 1.025 got it on Friday, Sunday evening it didnt look happy. This morning I dosed cupramine as I know time is of the essence if it is velvet.

Sounds a lot to me like Brooklynella, does the fish produce some slime? Normally with the whitish colour and swimming at top gasping for air is some of the symptoms of brook. Did this fish come into contact with your main tank yet?

No slime at all, no contact with main tank, since I dosed the copper it has calmed down and isnt gasping for air.

Keep an eye with copper, pygmy angels not to fond about that

Hope so to man, did he eat over the weekend?

Back
Top Bottom