Port Elizabeth Reefers ??

Reaction score
Hi Reefers

I have joined MASA last year, I will be getting my Nano in this week, it is custom built by Coastal Aquariums. 400x400x400

I will post a few pics when I get it and start it up.
I was wondering How big the reefing community in PE is?
With all hobbies it can get lonely if not surrounded by like minded individuals for advise and techniques!
Maybe there is a wats app group, I am situated in Lorraine.

Thanks

Hi, glad to see another PE reefer.

There was a thread a while ago.

I'm also still trying to get onto the whatsapp groups etc.

Looking forward to seeing your nano

Thanks Henk

Will keep everyone posted, likewise glad to see fellow PE reefer on forum.
I still need a led, will cycle tank for two months .
Will slowly introduce live stock to tank!
Maybe we could start a what’s app group alone

I clicked on your profile and see you have a awesome looking nano.
How is those zetlites working?
Are they full spectrum?
Any advise from your nano start up?

Hi Reefers

I have joined MASA last year, I will be getting my Nano in this week, it is custom built by Coastal Aquariums. 400x400x400

I will post a few pics when I get it and start it up.
I was wondering How big the reefing community in PE is?
With all hobbies it can get lonely if not surrounded by like minded individuals for advise and techniques!
Maybe there is a wats app group, I am situated in Lorraine.

Thanks
PM me your number, I am also in Lorraine

I clicked on your profile and see you have a awesome looking nano.
How is those zetlites working?
Are they full spectrum?
Any advise from your nano start up?

The zetlights are pretty nice for what you pay for them. I've only had corals under them from Saturday, but so far the corals look happy and the colours are good.

The lights only have white and blue leds. You can cycle through only white, only blue or a combination of the two. Then you can also adjust the intensity.

I've seem videos of a guy that only uses it on his frag tanks and he grows softies, zoas, lps and sps with them. So I know they are capable. The two I have over my tank gives more than enough coverage for my needs.

I think the same basics apply to a nano than to any other tank. Be patient, take your time and invest in a good auto top off unit and test kits. Since we are dealing with a lot less water I am constantly checking salinity, alk and ca at the moment.

Thanks Henk for that quick run down I think I will try the route of these zetlites too.
I had a look at them and the guys at coastal recommended why I don’t give it a try!
I will purchase alk and calcium, nitrate test kits at the end of the month !

Just double check but I don't know whether you get them in 40cm lenghts
Will do I would of bought the Zetlite 1201wifi. It does not reach all the way to the middle of the tank!
Advise like this is appreciated, all the second hand lites look so suspect!

Thanks enjoy your evening!

Hi all. Is there a group available for PE? I came across this thread and interested. I stay in Sunridge Park

Hello, there are a couple of groups as far as I am aware.

Maybe @Royden Church can hook you up.

I'm not on any groups, but I sent you a PM with my number if you want to chat etc.

Back
Top Bottom