Poor man's auto-topup

Reaction score
Ok, decided to let my system run a little more efficient but without spending ANY money. I normally add 3 3/4 cup of RO a day, morning/late afternoon/late evening, now i just fill my FantaH2O autotopup "module" once a day :D

Reaction score
about 300l total, but display tank has a hood, and sump in small cupboard below, im bracing myself for summer tho, coz last year i saw temps around 30deg, hopefully will have a chiller before the temp starts rising...

Reaction score
it drips, 1 drip every 4 seconds, took me a while to "calibrate" it to meet the evaporation rate...

Reaction score
i dose weekly with cape coral care calcium , i just added the recommended amount (2 tsp) into the fanta bottle and voila, slow dosing of calcium...
havnt yet looked at makin use of kalk tho... could help cut costs hey?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
i dose weekly with cape coral care calcium , i just added the recommended amount (2 tsp) into the fanta bottle and voila, slow dosing of calcium...
havnt yet looked at makin use of kalk tho... could help cut costs hey?
Defniatley will work out cheaper in raising Ca and Alk.Get you kalk from a pharmacy,ask for Slaked lime.

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
It's not very big... I would have to fill that thing up every few hours...

Reaction score
yeah u rite Rory, im gona be hunting this wknd for something much bigger that can fit, and which wont require me to purchase anything else :p