Polario wave makers

Reaction score
I am in the market for wavemakers (can still not find huge wavemakers). Anyone knows anything about the Polario range, and how the wavers work (controls etc)?? Resun is really crap as both of the ones I have, packed up.

Wave Box

Have you contacted Andrew ?

I suppose the tunze out of the budget.
Hello Sean

Tunze make a very good wave maker and now also have just come out witha nano wave mwker whichshould be here in a couple of weeks time.
The big 6212.000 wave box is good for tanks 200l - 1200lt and the new nano 6206.000 is good for tanks from 150 litres to 600 litres. The Nano which was on show at the 2008 Interzoo was really amazing performance in a tank of 1000 x 500 x 500
If you are further questions , please send me a pm & I will start a wave box thread.

George
Tunze S.A.

George Sean has a concrete tank so the Nano stream or Vortech's will not work.

Maybe look at the older Tunze Streams as I'm sure you could mount them in your tank. I have 3 of the smaller 6101's and they by far the best of the bunch and have been known to last forever...I may be upgrading mine when the new ones arrive so if you interested in the ones I have let me know...

The Polario's have been promised to everyone for a long time now. On my price lists they say Due December 2008...so we will see.

HTH

I saw the polario recently - it is awesome although the mounting brackets look a bit suspect, but the water movement is second to none.

George Sean has a concrete tank so the Nano stream or Vortech's will not work.

Maybe look at the older Tunze Streams as I'm sure you could mount them in your tank. I have 3 of the smaller 6101's and they by far the best of the bunch and have been known to last forever...I may be upgrading mine when the new ones arrive so if you interested in the ones I have let me know...

The Polario's have been promised to everyone for a long time now. On my price lists they say Due December 2008...so we will see.

HTH

I built a 8,000 lt concrete tank in Zimbali a short while ago and used the Tunze brackets with plastic screws & epoxy glued into the wall of the tank to hold 4 x 30,000 lt/h Streams. It will probably be easier with the new stream 2 as the holder can also be screwd on to the wall without using the comlete magnet.

George
Tunze SA

Hey Sean, contact Eco Aquatics for the Polario's. I had a look at one,they look good, unfortunatley didnt get to see them in action.

thanks guys. I did ask Flow for wavers and he suggested the Polario range. Will be getting next month. But my question was: how do they work compared to tunze etc. And how big is the outlet of the pumps? Thanks Sims. Pm me with flow rate, age and price.

i think the outlet os 50mm if memory serves me correctly.. i hve been painting with epoxy so a little goeffed but im sure that was the diam... :eek:

It will be interesting to see how good or bad they are. My worry is they have been promised for some time now, what was the problem, bugs. Tunze wave box has been going for years and their popularity has only been decreased by the price. I am sure if they were not so expensive we would see a lot more of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sean - Sorry to hear that your ReSuns packed up...... That is really strange.... is it the ReSun pumps themselves, or the Wavemaker timers?

The ReSun's have 63mm outlets.... I think that the Polario's indeed have different sizes outlets as well - e.g. the 20000 l/h one will have 50mm, the 80000 l/h one will most likely have closed to 70mm....

Sean - if you ReSun timers/wavemakers have given in - why not try the DIY wavevoxes as Matt posted a while back? The Resun's are 24volt - not 12volt.... talk to Thalion about the electrics.....the pumps themselves will work AWESOMELY on a timer box switching on and off, as they do not have impellers - they work with PROPELLORS..... on a fixed shaft..... The pumps themselves are extremely robust - they won't give in that easily.......

It will be interesting to see how good or bad they are. My worry is they have been promised for some time now, what was the problem, bugs. Tunze wave box has been going for years and their popularity has only been decreased by the price. I am sure if they were not so expensive we would see a lot more of them.

Interesting question. The sample we saw at the JHB IMASCA, looked awesome and seemed to do the job. But why is it not available yet, weird.

My LFS has said he can order them, they are in his catalog from his supplier, although only the 40000 l one.

Tell him to looks again the catalog probably says available December.

Sorry can't go to the shop again, I might buy something.:whistling: , I did tell him I'd only be buying equipment for my new tank in December, maybe that's why he did not mention it.

P10201721.gif

P10201731.gif

P1020174.gif

As you will see the std PVC connector fittings fit inside the Polario fittings. I've had one for a while now and although out of my tank at the moment (until I get a new tank) I did test it for a week or so and the flow is huge and not concentrated at all. Gr8 for water movement.

Back
Top Bottom