Poiro's 1.5 Upgrade

So Luis from Idol Marine came past my house the other night to have a look at the chip.

He gave me the thumbs up - the chip is not running and he says it shouldnt be a problem.

YAY

Now I just have to sort out the baffles in the sump and let the DSB run in for a week or two before I move over LS

Thanks Sean - Nothing has happened yet - Should be moving the tank into position this week

Got the ok from the Doc to drive again :1:

Yesterday i got the glass for my baffles and added them to the sump.
Hopefully tank will be moved into place tomorrow, then I can add the DSB and let it run for 2 weeks before I move everything over.

Getting so close now :D

The doctor gave the ok to drive, not setup a reeftank

The small missions are easy for me to do - When it comes to lugging things (water,rocks etc) My brother will help me :p

Some pics for the serious pic hores :p

The place the tank is going (Instead of the piano) - it will be overlooking the dining room

img1948z.jpg

Playsand for DSB (should be more than enough :p )

img1947x.jpg

My sump: The inlet is on the far side
1st chamber - reactor and maybe a feed pump for the skimmer
2nd chamber - Large DSB
3rd chamber - return

img1946f.jpg

The tank has been moved into place!!

Pics:

img1953h.jpg

With covers off:

IMG_1954.jpg

I have saltwater being made as i type this, so that I can get the DSB in ASAP

Thanks chaps! DSB should be in tomorrow.

Do I need a heater for the DSB while it seeds? can i just use a powerhead alone?

Thanks chaps! DSB should be in tomorrow.

Do I need a heater for the DSB while it seeds? can i just use a powerhead alone?

No Poiro - you don't need a heater in the beginning..... only when you starting to add lifestock (cleanup crew, corals, etc.)

Sorry, should of made myself clear. I will be transferring all my current LS from my other tank into this one. All my liverock is fully cured and I will be dosing stability.

I will be seeding this DSB with the top 2-3cm from my current tank and let it run for 2 weeks before I do the move over.

So will I need the heater - do the critters and bacteria in the sand bed require heat to thrive?

Back
Top Bottom