Pod tank

@Jayceew - what did you feed your pods?
Normal marine flakes, usually the fine morsels that's left over in the bottles that's too fine to feed to my fish. They will however eat basically anything you feed to them. I preferred flakes as I believe it contaminated the water the least amount and I really didn't put any effort into that tank.

i used to see a lot of tiny things crawling aroung in my refugium but not anymore.. they arent any fish there at all... i don't even see any big pods!!! whats the story with this?? the refug is lit up 24/7 because i don't have a timer on that.

Any feedback from anybody about this??
Please advise!
Are the pods just hiding? should the flow be slow in this area?

@Jayceew why did you shut it down though?
My circulation pump that I used in the tank broke, the tank then ran without any circulation for about a week, no visible issues I could see because of it. I then felt guilty and added a spare old circulation pump which after a month also broke. The tank then ran for a couple of weeks again without any circulation(again no negative effect on the pods). I thought at that stage that the water will probably start going "off" at some stage so just emptied it rather.

I dont have any large algae eaters anymore so dont really need it. I have a big sump so just throw any extra stuff in there.

i used to see a lot of tiny things crawling aroung in my refugium but not anymore.. they arent any fish there at all... i don't even see any big pods!!! whats the story with this?? the refug is lit up 24/7 because i don't have a timer on that.

Any feedback from anybody about this??
Please advise!
Are the pods just hiding? should the flow be slow in this area?
Maybe they all died from sleep deprivation..

My circulation pump that I used in the tank broke, the tank then ran without any circulation for about a week, no visible issues I could see because of it. I then felt guilty and added a spare old circulation pump which after a month also broke. The tank then ran for a couple of weeks again without any circulation(again no negative effect on the pods). I thought at that stage that the water will probably start going "off" at some stage so just emptied it rather.

I dont have any large algae eaters anymore so dont really need it. I have a big sump so just throw any extra stuff in there.

aww man sorry to here about that. such a good food source even for fish those pods.

@the fish I think you must bring back my Boyu so I can start my pod tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom