Plywood aquarium

Reaction score
did the tank leak at all while it was running? for me the costs are way below full glass tank. everything excluding the color the wood is going to be, works out to about R2000.

459b

Reaction score
It developed a very slight drip on the top corner where the wood joined the glass. I think the problem came in when i moved the tank. Tank was fine during testing phase and leak only happened after moving tank inside. This happened twice and together with some seriously stupid mistakes with the overflow (outlet way to big and inlet seriously undersized) i went full glass.

Was a fun project and if i had planned properly then it might have been cheaper than glass. Bigger the tank is then savings will be larger, however if i was to go larger and not all glass i would opt for the cement route.

Reaction score
Hi 459b, I'm new to MASA and I was wondering what type of screws you used and where did you purchase the epoxy?

Reaction score
Would it be wrong to use stainless steel screws for this purpose? As for fireglassing I reckon using pool or marblite should work?

459b

Reaction score
I'd rather just get a glass aquarium, really wasn't worth the effort and worked out more expensive than glass

Top Bottom