Plumbing

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
howdy!

where can one get the blue piping, valves, joins etc that everyone uses for their tanks, been looking and cannot find it, whats it called? and where could i get it in jhb?

thanks in advance

I got black pipe from Farm City Pretoria. They do sell it in 3m lengths.

where can one get the blue piping, valves, joins etc that everyone uses for their tanks, been looking and cannot find it

OBVIOUSLY not in SANDTON :whistling:

Try any irrigation supplier / contractor - there must be LOTS of them working in SANDTON :whistling:

LOL, just continuing with the leg-pulling :biggrin:, but seriously, irrigation supplier... Alternatively, a good (local) plumber should be able to advise you where to buy.

If you REALLY don't come right, let me know and I will send you whatever you need from BLOEMFONTEN (where we still use water for more than swimming in...)

Hennie

thanks guys will give them a look.

hennie: atleast u have a great sense of humour :) only in sandton would u pay for a glass of water

Astore is a great place in my opinion. Its is edanvale, very helpful chaps too.

will go there over the weekend thanks again

crap,friday lunch :)

I got black pipe from Farm City Pretoria. They do sell it in 3m lengths.

I'd be careful of these black piping or should i say the fittings. A friend of mine has been using these on his tank for eight years and when he decided to change his tank he noticed that the black elbows were corroding. Rather by the SABS approved piping and fittings

i am also looking at using marley pipes, just waiting for them to get back to me

thanks mnd! right down the road :)

dallasg, in the Sandton area (Hennie) there is a fantastic shop called FAB that will sell you any fitting (rigid PVC piping I think is what you're after) that you need. They will have more than anywhere in Gauteng.

Most irrigation shops sell flexible fittings push in or compression. They are not ideal.

FAB hardware
Oxford road
off Hans Strydom
Ferndale.

woohoo, thats it...

will def go there

dallasg, in the Sandton area (Hennie) there is a fantastic shop called FAB

Oh all right, then - they also have The Hardware Center Cr. Hans Strydom and C.R. Swart (if the street names have not been changed - if they have, don't tell me, it will just make me say nasty words again...) with just about the most comprehensive selection of tools in South Africa - so I guess they are not THAT bad :biggrin:

Also, of course, they have the most (and dirtiest by design...) 4x4 vehicles in the World :whistling:

Hennie

haha

Hi Dallas!!

Well everyone has mentioned a few shops, so
that will keep you buzy! The only thing I can
ad is that if you need any size CLEAR pipping
try a MAIZEY PLASTIC near you!

Cheers!!!

cool

Back
Top Bottom