Plumbing supplies for return and RO piping/tubes

Reaction score
Hi Guys

So I am at the point of adding in water into my setup.

Unboxed by new Aquaria RO system yesterday and assembled the unit. My tank is a good distance from the closest water supply point so I need more of the LDPE tubing that comes with the unit.

Any idea where I can source this urgently at a decent price in Johannesburg/Edenvale surrounding - dont want to travel too far to source the pipe?

Secondly, after much reading on the forum, I would like to plumb my return pump (Jebao DC9000) with rigid pvc piping instead of the flexihose that I currently have.

For any of you that is using a DC pump (hoping all have the same outlet size) what size piping should I source, and what connectors/couplings will I need in terms of getting the piping fitted to the pump?

I know I need to get 3*90 degree bends and to 2* 45 degreee bends based on the diameter of the pipe.

Would like to also add a 50mm ball valve on the inflow pipe to the sump and one on the return.

Where can I source these fitting at a fair price in Johannesburg/Edenvale surrounding?

Thank you

Regards
Breado

hi,

astore.co.za they are in edenvale

ps tell them you want cash discount :)

@Breado I bought extra RO tubing from the local purified water shop, also got most of the connectors that I needed from them.

How much piping do you need, I have a lot left over from my build. 25mm and 50mm. Bought from Astore as well.

To add. My drain is 50mm and return is 25mm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have buckets of plumbing if you need, but i and thinking of moving to flexi pipe and i feel the head loss is less and easier to work with

Thanks for the offer @dallasg, i will let u know.

I also felt that head loss will be less with a flexi hose, but the articles i have read stated that algae growth is more prominent in flexi hose and its a bit of a risk of poping out thr tank if the return pump is strong. However i have never had issues with flexi hose in my freshwater tanks as I fit the bed into the tank into a drilled hole in the glass.

wud u suggest i give the flexi hose a try? I have some grey fluval flexi hose that i cud use that will also reduce the risk of algae growing in the tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can even cover the hose with insulation tape, but i have no issue with algae growing in the hose, once a year you can clean it or replace it

Back
Top Bottom