pls help with anemone ID

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by Twistedmps, 26 Jul 2012.

1. Twistedmps

Twistedmps

hey guys

Any idea what this anemone is?

Is very big prob bout 40cm when its fully open.

Thanks all greatly appreciated

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Selwyn123

Selwyn123 BakGat

It looks like heterectus magnifica (ritteri anemone). It is very hard to keep alive unless in a well established and very well cared for aquarium.

4. Twistedmps

Twistedmps Thread Starter

Thanks so much Selwyn

From what ive read on these guys looks like im gonna be rehoming him, My tank has only been running for bout 6 months and this is my first marine setup, Although he seems to be doing well. Just thought i would see what he is after I found him eating one of my fish.

He was sold to me as a LTA and i didnt know any better, Lesson learnt will research before next purchase

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  5. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

ANEMONE CARE AND TIPS

According to the above page, they say, ritteri anemone's have, and I quote "Ritteri, African, yellow tipped anemone.
    This anemone is usually rather large. Their tentacles are long with very blunt types that are lighter in color than the shafts. The base can be red or purple but brown is more common."

I think it might be a Heteractis crispa or H. Malu: Sebae anemone, Singapore anemone, pink tipped [but not condylactis] anemone. Tentacles range from long and thin to short and fat depending on the condition of the anemone [ short and fat means the anemones is starting to waste away]. Tentacles usually have magenta colored tips although yellowish green tips are not uncommon. Colors can be dyed yellow, dyed pink, natural pink / purple, natural yellow, tan, but by far the most common is pure white. The oral disk may also have a green sheen under actinic light.

Recent Posts