Please ID this for me?

Reaction score
HI all

Fellow reefer was kind enough to donate this wonderful frag to me. Will be passing it over to another next week until i get better lighting. Can someone please advise whats the name of this coral?

Closer

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Not goniopora, they have 24 tentacles on each stalk.

Not alveopora either as they have 12 tentacles on each stalk.

My guess would possibly be some type of xenia which is a bit shrivelled up due to too much flow.

Reaction score
thanks gents that flow is actually the seio pulling water as the seio is on the right of the xenia so if it was being blown it would be bent to the left it is actually being pulled. Will move it tonight

Reaction score
Not goniopora, they have 24 tentacles on each stalk.

Not alveopora either as they have 12 tentacles on each stalk.

My guess would possibly be some type of xenia which is a bit shrivelled up due to too much flow.
Hehe... well done. Not to mention... goniopora have skeletons. ;)

Reaction score
i took it out of the tank and put it in my sump. Its not liking it there. Reason being with the light on i am getting lotsa algea growth that i do not want at the moment as i have no Carbon or phos remover monday i will be moving it to a proper reeftank until i have sorted my lighting out.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
This is definitely some type of xenia. I have seen this type of xenia in Muz's tank. He calls it "the weed". As it is growing LIKE CRAZY in his tank.....

I think that this is a short tentacled type of xenia.....