Please ID These???

Nick R

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
Hi all I found these on my live rock - the first one only comes out when the lights are off it’s about 10mm long

The 2nd pic- this little guy is hidden under the side of the live rock

Are they both okay and are they dangerous?

Tankthingy.jpg

Tankthingy2.jpg

first one looks like a turantula :whistling: , the second one is aptasia if im not mistaken... aptasia, not lethal but it becomes a pest! speads like wild fire!

First one looks more like a majano anemone and second one sort of looks like aiptasia. Both pests.

Thanks i'll remember that, the top one stung me when i moved the rock!!! do i get rid of them now or wait till they try take over? and how does one get rid of them?

Thanks i'll remember that, the top one stung me when i moved the rock!!! do i get rid of them now or wait till they try take over? and how does one get rid of them?

Use a hypodermic to inject them with either boiling R/O, lemon juice, any aptasia killer from an lfs or a thick kalk paste over them.

Thanks wee-man I kinda like them been there for now as it’s the only life in my tank besides the bumble bee snail

okay if they really going to be that much of a problem i think i got to kill em

i just did a bit of reading on aiptasia and first thing tomorrow im going to kill them! yikes they not cool

i just did a bit of reading on aiptasia and first thing tomorrow im going to kill them! yikes they not cool

That stuff is serious get the big guns out, they multiply even if a piece breaks of and lands somewhere, i had this needed a copperband to sort it out, they are worse than a couple of rabbits. Smoke em:sifone: You need the big guns for this.killkanga These guys arent talking nonsense.

Just a small point, buying copperbands is difficult enough, they are very delicate and rarely survive in your tank for very long, buying a particluar fish for a "job" is even worse, any fish that will survive only on aips will surely starve when they are gone.

Just a small point, buying copperbands is difficult enough, they are very delicate and rarely survive in your tank for very long, buying a particluar fish for a "job" is even worse, any fish that will survive only on aips will surely starve when they are gone.

No wee-man, i did not buy the fish. My LFS borrowed me one of his copperbands, i did not say he needed to buy one. Ive had the copperband on loan for 2 - 3 weeks now and im planning on returning him over the weekend. So please do not go and buy a copperband that is not what i meant, because ive known and suppoted them for 12 plus years and they know me, they did me a favour in this regard and the fact that they supplied the LR and installed and delivered the complete installation. Please do not rush to the LFS and buy one, i do agree it would be cruel to buy it just for this purpose. :nono: He will surely die of starvation, buddy. I merely said i had to take out the big guns and phoned mohammed the evening to set up an agreement, there must of been 400-500 in my tank and spreading. This is a serious matter, kill the first one properly, remove the rock when you do this because if a piece are broken off, it will grow and spread at an enourmous rate. If he still own this specific one i can try and arange for you as well when your tank gets to invested with this pest.

So please i do appologize for any inconvenience here, i do not want you to buy one. Come to my house and ill gladly give you Joes Juice if you see a problem. :1:

Wee-man .... I don’t believe you and Thalion would lie LOL I just like to know everything there is to know about things in my tank (Knowledge is Power)

Don’t worry Max - I May be a Noobie but I don’t impulse buy and I always check and double check with other guys I know with reef tanks

Thanks for all the info guys

No wee-man, i did not buy the fish. My LFS borrowed me one of his copperbands, i did not say he needed to buy one. Ive had the copperband on loan for 2 - 3 weeks now and im planning on returning him over the weekend. So please do not go and buy a copperband that is not what i meant, because ive known and suppoted them for 12 plus years and they know me, they did me a favour in this regard and the fact that they supplied the LR and installed and delivered the complete installation. Please do not rush to the LFS and buy one, i do agree it would be cruel to buy it just for this purpose. :nono: He will surely die of starvation, buddy. I merely said i had to take out the big guns and phoned mohammed the evening to set up an agreement, there must of been 400-500 in my tank and spreading. This is a serious matter, kill the first one properly, remove the rock when you do this because if a piece are broken off, it will grow and spread at an enourmous rate. If he still own this specific one i can try and arange for you as well when your tank gets to invested with this pest.

So please i do appologize for any inconvenience here, i do not want you to buy one. Come to my house and ill gladly give you Joes Juice if you see a problem. :1:

No probs Max, thanks for clearing up the issue and confirming the dangers of buying certain fish.

Wee-man .... I don’t believe you and Thalion would lie LOL I just like to know everything there is to know about things in my tank (Knowledge is Power)

Don’t worry Max - I May be a Noobie but I don’t impulse buy and I always check and double check with other guys I know with reef tanks

Thanks for all the info guys

When you know everything about everything - tell me, i know nothing:lol:

When you know everything about everything - tell me, i know nothing:lol:

you all seem to know so much LOL im still at the ( Idiots Guide to salt water ) stage

its great been able to chat to you all

Back
Top Bottom