Please ID me - Blennie type fish

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by RiaanP, 2 Mar 2010.

1. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

"I'm a local Ballito boy"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I do not like the Display tank. I found the overflow and go back to the DSB. Second time I done that. Now I stay here. But for some reason I lost a lot of my green colour, just to be a lot more green. "

My son took / stole him out of some other kids bucket. Came running to me with him in his hand and dropped him into my bucket. He is about 3cm, so quite a small fish. So he is in my tank, my sump from December. He used to be more green, like the cheato. And like to perch on the cheato. Obviously he is having a ball eating copepods in the sump, but there are too many for him to finish off.

Anybody got a proper ID on him?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Riaan - this is a "klipvis" - not a blennie. I have some "klipvis" ID's in my "Two Oceans" marine life book. I will have a look this evening....

4. FransSny

FransSny

Yip, also know them as klipvis..Clinus sp

5. brentv

brentv

Hey Riaan, This little klipvis, was probably caught in some weed in Ballito, they are awesome little guys with a huge variance in colour, ... but the get pretty big!!!
    only tried one in a mixed reef years ago I let him go coz he grew to quick!;)

Recent Posts