Urgent help needed Please help.

Reaction score
I regularly do a 25% water change on my tanks, and recently found in the one tank insect like things underneath my gravel. If you move the gravel away you see allot of these things like swimming around. And there are like white things(looks to me like small pieces of wax) floating on the water I have siphoned. My fish is also stressed and dying. Can anyone tell me what this can be please? I don't notice any worms and/or lice on the fish.

Thank you.

Sounds like pods. Which wouldn't kill fish. Have you checked your parameters?

Hey Corrie, could you possibly upload a picture?
Also, have you recently added anything into your tank?

I have a couple of months ago added fish from a friend that got rid of his tank, that had the same problem. I hadn't taken any photo's yet. All my apple snails died just the shells left in the tank. Thank you. I would guess that the parameters are okay. The tank has been running for about a year now.

I have a couple of months ago added fish from a friend that got rid of his tank, that had the same problem. I hadn't taken any photo's yet. All my apple snails died just the shells left in the tank. Thank you. I would guess that the parameters are okay. The tank has been running for about a year now.

Hi Corrie and welcome to the forum, please take a photo off the white waxy thingies and post your parameters so that we can assist you in your problem, please don't assume your parameters are ok when your fish are dieing.

Back
Top Bottom