Please Help???

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Marjolein, 28 May 2009.

1. Marjolein

Marjolein

I have a brand new boyu TL550 130L tank. But i think there is a factory default on. There is only a few gaps(holes) at the top and not at the bottom of the tank. isnt there supose to be holes running to the bottom to go thru to the back part off the tank otherwise if the tank lose a bit of water then ithe pump will run dry. a friend of mine also has a boyu tank but smaller and his holes runs to the bottom of the tank. is this a new way or is there a fault?:(:(

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. animalia

animalia

have you got any photos to show where the holes is at the moment?

4. brettb2020

brettb2020

as far as i can remember, when i saw this tank a while ago when i was gonna buy one it also only had an overflow on the top.

but marjolien that is the way it has been designed. the water level in your tank will stay constant, the water in your display tank wont drop below the holes at the top, BUT the water will drop behind at the back in filter area, you can let it drop slightly but you must make sure to keep it topped up. the pump wont run dry, promise:) unless you leave your tank for days without filling up.

you do get units to automatically top-up your tank.. if you need more info just ask :thumbup:

5. wiesnerm

wiesnerm

This is the way it is designed. I have one and the water level in the display tank does not drop. It also does not drop in chamber 1 & 2 and does drop in chamber 3 & 4. When filling the tank (and the return pump is running) make sure that there is a little bit of an overflow (not too much) from the 2nd to 3rd chamber. After I implemented this I noticed that the water surface in the tank is "cleaner". This will aslo help you to determine how much to top up at a time.

6. Falcon

Falcon

Hi marjolien,all tanks loose water even massive ones.they loose water due to evaporation.so the water gets lost but the salt stays;)

you need to fill up clean r.o water or fresh water every day or two.dont fill it up with salt water.

only fill salt water if you remove salt water from the tank.check you salinity also sometimes to keep it at 1.025.

normaly the level of the water in your back chambers will drop evry day,so keep a check on it and keep it full.:)

Recent Posts