please help with sun suns

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by Trev, 20 Jun 2010.

1. Trev

Trev

Guys I have two sun suns that are on a boyu wave controller and when ever they start up 4 out of 10 times its in reverse, has anyone ever had this issue before and how do you sort it out?

Thanks
    Trev

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. brettb2020

brettb2020

they do tend to do this. but lets be honest, they not the best. and they dont seem to like switching on and off. they will not last long. if you wanna use a sun sun just switch it on and leave it.

4. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

sounds pretty weird dude, if they use 2 point plugs, try flipping the plug around.
    Also i used the sunsun's with a controller that turned one on and one off, alternating. they lasted about a week before they wouldnt even start anymore so remeber, sunsun's are a cheap alternative so dont expect them to perform like a tunze or somthing :p

5. maj

maj

I had the same issue,tried using the sunsun pumps on the boyu controller,the pumps end up breaking very soon after.

6. neo

neo

I have been running two sunsun 6000l/h pumps on the boyu flip-flop controller for 5 months now with no issues.
    The sunsun's i have are those double throated versions, they run for about 15min each before switching to the other one.
    Then i have a seyo which started with its cluck-cluck startup crap a week after i bought it, my sunsun's are dead silent on startup and run in the correct direction each time, I'm very happy with them, don't know about the smaller one's, maybe the fact that mine got two propellers each helps to sort out the direction issue.
    I would also suggest not running them for less than 10min each at a time, and as said above try flipping the two-point plug around, you never know.

7. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Is there a way to nennie proof these pumps?

8. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Im using the sun suns, with no hassle , but the boyu controllers HAVE given me problems,

when ive used the boyu set the pumps last , but have swoped out two controlers to get one that lasted.

9. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

yes take them out either the nennies or the sun suns
    seio controller works 100s on the sun suns ramps power up from 50% to 100% no issues

10. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

You guys are getting me worried, ive got 2 seio 4400L's with controller and im getting so paranoid about the going wrong :arghhhh:

Recent Posts