Please help with regal tang

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by rooiwillie, 4 Dec 2014.

1. rooiwillie

rooiwillie

Hi,

I have bought a regal tang last week thursday. Since then it has only been hiding in my tank and i hardly ever saw it eat anything. yesterday i noticed its not looking to good, so i took it out and put in in a quarantine system. is this stress marks or something else? What should i do to save it?

My tank has been runnign for about three months. I have 3 x chromis in there, 1 x sailfin, 2 x clownfish, 2 x cleaner shrimps, 2 x hermits. the tank is about 250l and the system around 380l

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zandy

Zandy

The regal tangs do lie on their side when stressed, also sleep in the same position. I would not stress it out more by changing it from one tank to another. The could be a little shy but unless you see breathing difficulties ect i would rather put it back into your tank as trying to maintain the parameters in a QT system is quite challenging (from what i observe, this hobby is quite new to you) no offence meant. What are you trying to feed him? Perhaps having some Nori (seaweed) on a clip for him will encourage him to eat.Good luck

4. rooiwillie

rooiwillie Thread Starter

Yes, it is quite new to me. I have put is some nori, but he is not eating it. He is thin and hardly moves at all. he doesnt look confortable at all and the white marks on him seems to be getting worse.

5. ziguri

ziguri

I personally have some bad experiences with Regals Tangs as well. Imo, the tank has not been running long enough and on another note, a regal is not going to be too happy in a small tank.

Most tangs need larger tanks apparently...Id personally consider getting a yellow tang instead of a Regal, given the circumstances

6. TaahirS

TaahirS MASA Contributor

I'd go with no tang:tt2:

7. TaahirS

TaahirS MASA Contributor

@rooiwillie what sailfin do you have? Tang or blenny?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  8. Zuna

Zuna

is it eating

Recent Posts