Urgent help needed Please help with Powder blue tang!!

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by king squish, 6 Dec 2011.

1. king squish

king squish

Hey guys got a white spot out break on my powder blue tang, last night i set up a hospital tank with some water taken straight out the DT and a little freshly mixed saltwater added, but to catch this tang is another problem, what would be the less stressfull method to catch him & how is one to set up a hospital tank, i have a heater and a small power head in there with a filter, will this sufice.

What medication shall i use, or any other meathod to rid him of white spot?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Couple of questions. How big is your display tank, how new is the fish and is the fish eating?

4. Quintus

Quintus the irish aXeman

bump

5. Hails

Hails

Whereabout in JHB are you? PM me if you need any help catching it when the hospital tank is ready. Have been catching fish since I was in primary school.

6. king squish

king squish Thread Starter

5 foot disply tank, the fish has been in there for a 10 days now, still eating like a pig!!

7. king squish

king squish Thread Starter

Bump!!

8. Annoying

Annoying

I'm most likely going to get scolled at for this but with powder blues I recommend just leaving him. They alway always get spots and I know this out of experience that hospital tanks just stress them out more and when you put them back into the DT they just get another outbreak. I have never had that a powder's white spots go to other fish while he is still eating and acting normal. i would say the best way to prevent such happenings of whitespot is to get a cleaner shrimp or wrasse they are natures nurses. Just my 2c

9. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Bud, if it's too much stress trying to catch the guy, get a product called Herbtana, it's a 10 day in tank treatment which is reef safe and it helps remarkably well when it comes to treating WS...IMO

10. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Cleaner Wrasse and shrimp will only take care of the dead skin on the surface, you will need to medicate as well to help it fight the infection inside the fish...

11. ShaunSwindon

ShaunSwindon

I would suggest providing huge amounts of the dried marine algae which is coated / treated with Garlic. This will provide Vitamin C for him and fight off the infection naturally :thumbup:

When I first got my Regal Tang he also broke out in the worst white spot outbreak I have seen. A week of feeding him that algae and it cleared up. Came back a few weeks later but dissapeared again. Have not seen any spots on him since and that was four months ago now :)

Otherwise good luck in trying to catch him :whistling:

Recent Posts