Please help to ID my Nenny

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by martinhal, 6 Jan 2009.

1. martinhal

martinhal

Hi I need some help to ID this nenny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Martin! A very WARM WELCOME to MASA! Please also create a new thread in our "New Members" forum, telling us more about yourself and your tank (the rest of your tank!)

This seems to a nemmie that is part of the heteractis family. Not a true H. magnifica, (I have one) but perhaps a very close relative.

Google "Sebae anemone" or "Ritteri Anemone" - see which one comes closest to yours....

I think that this might be a Heteractis Crispa or even Malu....

I hope that you have REALLY decent lighting for this anemone, otherwise you might end up with an anemone that "walks" and get's sucked in by your power-heads!

Also - they like relatively strong cross-current... I have my Magnifica up on a pedestal - this also works - with the current going all around it....

You should also remember to feed the anemone at least once a week - with 1cm pieces of fish (lance fish, or perhaps frozen hake even), mussel meat, or even prawn/shrimp meat....

4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Bit of a strange one that, not too sure. Is the anemone fully inflated or does it's tentacles get longer and more inflated?

5. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

How long have you had it in the tank (and how new is your tank-setup...) If it is a recent addition, it is probably still acclimating, and will reveal it's true shape & colors in due time... and then it will be easier to identify.

Hennie

6. crispin

crispin

hello martin:) welcome to MASA, very nice to see new faces here. thats a beautiful nennie you have there, is it yours or taken in someone elses tank? do you have tanks?

why not introduce youyrself to the rest of masa in the new members section and tell us a little about yourself and interest in marines?

7. martinhal

martinhal Thread Starter

Hi,

Based on a google search it seems to be a Ritteri Anemone , only its size might leave doubt.

The picture is from my tank 8 months old. The nenny was added 3 weeks ago. It has been in that spot for 2 weeks now , it is a high flow area. I have 300w total in lights

I have added some pictures of my tank in the new member section.

Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts