Urgent help needed Please help on Clown fish

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by nepellew, 2 Aug 2011.

1. nepellew

nepellew

Hey recently i have noticed my one clown fish started getting black spots in it , no abnormal behaviour and normal eating have no clue what it could be now I see my other clown has the same thing but they all seem normal could any one shed some light on this thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. LCornelius

LCornelius Moderator

Is it possible that it got stung by corals?
    What corals do you have in your tank?
    Is the clowns hosting in anything?

4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

5. nepellew

nepellew Thread Starter

i have 2 corals in my tank brown star polyps and green star polyps and 2 mushrooms 2 shrimp that are new and thats all i havent seen them trying to host it yet

6. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Are they small, well defined dark black dots or more like darkened patches on its skin?

7. Braco

Braco

Upon research i have found that Clowns that have started to host new Anemones will develop spots..until the Clowns and the Host develop that symbiotic relationship it will disappear...so i guess no worries..

8. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

the blsck spot, (if its the one im thinking of) is generally not harmful and does go away in time.. a pic would help us be more precise in diagnosis bu im confident it is something to do with hosting in the anemone...

9. nepellew

nepellew Thread Starter

ok guys i would love to blame it on an anemone but I don’t have one in my tank at all I could assume maybe when I was at work they were trying to host my brown star polyps but don’t know the spots look like these, but THESE PICTURES ARE NOT MINE, I tried taking picks but my clowns are too quick haha [​IMG]]
    [​IMG]

These spots look exactully like my clowns do i did some research on the net and came up with the exact thing you guys are telling me but the only doupt in my head is that i dont have a anemone , but really thanks guys for the replys :1:

10. jacoc

jacoc

It could be b/s caused by flat worm larva...not mutch reading on it..i had it twice in my system...not easy to get rid of...white spot can follow as these flat worm larva does similar damage as w/s and can spread to tangs or surgeon fish...it's a pest/ parasite and not a virus or disease or fungus...it survive by feeding on the fish...ther is a cycle involved but not as easy as w/s to get rid of...these worms normaly live in the gravel and if your fish is healty it should survive...post a close-up pick let see...

11. jacoc

jacoc

Sorry cant see nicely...i'm on my phone...wil look on pc tomorow...wil be nice if you could ad own pick...

Last edited: 2 Aug 2011
  12. Sammy

Sammy

This totally true, added a nennie, they took a week to host now both my clowns have black frecals/spots

13. jacoc

jacoc

Don’t look like the b/s I was referring to...this looks more like patches...you need to upload own pics so we can help you better..

14. nepellew

nepellew Thread Starter

Ok

Hey well this is the best i can do for the picks sorry guys [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

Last edited: 4 Aug 2011
  16. nepellew

nepellew Thread Starter

Ok guys these are the only corals in my tank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok guys but just sitting i noticed they were nipping at eachother is that normal first time ive seen this

17. jacoc

jacoc

yes they do at times....the black spots, does it get worse? does it look like stains on the skin or more like small black dots/ the picks is not to clear...try put the pumps of and do a small feed in front so the food dont go all over then you should get them stationary for a nice pick...

18. Dane

Dane

sounds like hypermelanisation - which as other people have mentioned occurs during the initial interaction and acclimatisation to a new host (nennie, coral etc) and is competely normal and nothing to worry about. However it may be any number of things, and the pics really cant tell much. Maybe try taking some with a flash.

Here is a page for you to take a look at, check out the related links on that page too.
    clndisEnv

Recent Posts