please help id these fish i got

Reaction score
excuse the pics, but please help id and if they reef safe, first up the Angel, and what in a mixed tank is safe from it, or what is in most danger, mainly LPS, Tubeworms, and softies. There is quite a few fish and pics....:thumbup:

21534b29d7216bd5c.jpg

Hi, could be a Old woman in Juvinile form. They grow quite large. They are not 100% reefsafe and will have a go at LPS and all polyps. There is another angel with similar markings when in juvenile stage, but I think my age is catching up, I cannot remember the name. Will have to go browse the books tonight. Okay the other is an imperator angel. That is the Old Woman aka Pomacanthus semicirculatus. So get onto google and do a search and you will find plenty of info :)

Last edited:
the angel is a Pomacanthus Rhombus (formerly known as striatus) the damsel im not sure of but they are awsome and i have seen them shoaling on north pier when we used to be able to dive there.. they seemed peacefum id love to keep them as an alternative to the imported ones.. the other damsel we affectionatley know as a transkei terror.. im sure you can sumise what his character is like from the name..

as for the slug im not sure either..

as far as i know an Old Woman angel is not Pomacanthus semicurcilatus.

I think the slug is a nubibranch, but may be wrong.
if it is a nubibranch and it is on the corals then it is not safe but if not going on the coral it is safe. I removed mine just to be on the safe side.

the angel is a Pomacanthus Rhombus (formerly known as striatus) the damsel im not sure of but they are awsome and i have seen them shoaling on north pier when we used to be able to dive there.. they seemed peacefum id love to keep them as an alternative to the imported ones.. the other damsel we affectionatley know as a transkei terror.. im sure you can sumise what his character is like from the name..

as for the slug im not sure either..

Thanks Leslie, what is the english name then, and I take it that it is not reef safe?

thats awesum dude. how far do you stay from the sea?

Thanks Atilla, about 3ks, I will drive anywhere though and catch my own fish, I really love it.

Heres other pics for you guys of fish I caught, believe it or not, these goldies were fighting. I did not believe it, they locked their mouths together (like a kissing position), and then just ripped. I did not believe goldies could be aggressive. The pic does not show, but they were flexing there fins here. And these are youngsters, compare their size to the head of the firegoby

21534b29e18a3fcf0.jpg

21534b29e249ec6c2.jpg

21534b29e2b8bf63d.jpg

Cheers Meks, what about the angel, I know that you know the angels, what chance am I taking if I had to chuck him in the DT. I know it's not worth it though.
It is a chance you going to take bro. Angel's and meaty corals (eg. brain) dont go hand in hand, however, some guys have had success keeping them.

Back
Top Bottom