Please help, everything is dying

Doesn't normal Bicarb increase pH and Baked Bicard lower pH? but both will add Alk?:whistling:
Both raise alk and pH. Baked bicarb raises alk more than the other. Normal bicarb raises pH more than the other.:biggrin:

when your tank has recovered let me know, i am sure i could find a frag for you to help get the coral population back up

holding thumbs this side for you.

bad things happen very quickly in this hobby, its damn scary

when your tank has recovered let me know, i am sure i could find a frag for you to help get the coral population back up
thanks for the offer neil, i appreciate it. Will let you know when the time comes... thanks
holding thumbs this side for you.

bad things happen very quickly in this hobby, its damn scary

yes, it's REALLY scary. I was so happy less than a week ago, because everything was starting to come together (except for the brown-out) but i know that is part of the process... but anyway, i will just have to start over.....

Lemar this is the most saddest thread that i have ever read to see ones pets dying right in front of you must be awful sorry for your lost.
What i have learnt out of this thread is that a disaster can happed at Any moment never let your guard down.

Lemar this is the most saddest thread that i have ever read to see ones pets dying right in front of you must be awful sorry for your lost.
What i have learnt out of this thread is that a disaster can happed at Any moment never let your guard down.

Yes, ben, it's unbelievable how disaster can struck in a second... I'm telling you I don't have children yet, but I think the stress and worries are worse than a baby.
I just got used to not getting up 3x a night to check on the tank... and then this happened..
So last night I was up again at 12am, 2:30am and 5am to check if what is left was ok. Im having nightmares all over again....:(

thats why i drink :peroni:and :chillpill: i call it (ag!!!f @#$!% you pills)

We should get a red wine picture on this site... I don't drink beer....
problem is doesn't matter how much I drink i still stress.... I def need some of those ag!!!f @#$!% you pills.... :lol:

JIP - me 2! I too want a RED WINE bottle! Perhaps a GOOD MERLOT! Or even Shiraz!
;)

Foreigners reading these threads will think that we are all Alkies (alcaholics) in South Africa....LoL

Mind you, they not far off the truth :peroni::thumbup:

and i'm not even shy to admit it.... i'm sitting with a glass of beyerskloof pinotage (my favourite) right now... ok well it's my 4th glass, but well deserved.....

Did another 30% waterchange tonight. Haven't checked parameters yet, to scared but will 1st thing tomorrow..... Stock that's left are looking happy and well...

beyerskloof is my best friend..... or is it masa.. i think my husband feels it's masa!!!

Hi

I'm desperate. Please help. My power was off from 3 until 6:30 this morning. Power was restored, and everything seemed fine in the tank.
We were away for the day, and when i got back 2 hours ago, 80% of my livestock was dead...

I just tested nitrites and ammonia
Nitrite < 0.05mg
Ammonia <0.01mg

PH = >9.4 which has sky rockted since yesterday. was 8 now suddently over 9.4
Alkalinity = 5
I dont' have enough R/O water to do more than 20% waterchange.
Please help, must I use normal tap water

I've got one tube anemone and few feahterdusters and 2 clownfish left
Clownfish are gasping....

The tears are rolling, can't even see my computer screen, why must this happen.....
hi, had the same problem with electricity, i used a product, it helps a lot with stress, my sailfin was coffered in whites spots, after three hours all white spots was gone, product is called micro care, four in one formula, from AQUATIC REMEDIES

Lemar let"s checked water parameters tomorrow and see witch one is best.:thumbup:
Ok do we have a bet??:1: o well 'im a bottle and a half down the line....
promise tomorrow first thing it's parameters

hi, had the same problem with electricity, i used a product, it helps a lot with stress, my sailfin was coffered in whites spots, after three hours all white spots was gone, product is called micro care, four in one formula, from AQUATIC REMEDIES

thanks burt, i'm putting it on my list of things to buy....

I just did another parameter test after the 30% waterchange last night

Afraid it's not good news

Alk = 6
PH = 8
Nitrite = 0.1
Nitrate = 2
Amm = 0.1

So the parameters are not improving. I'm going to Ann's house later today, will take a water sample and test with her kit. She also has a tropic marin, but maybe (hoping) mine is faulty

Furthermore we are leaving for cape town tomorrow, for 2 weeks. Should i do another big waterchange before tomorrow? Ann will be checking in and doing parameter tests for me. Also waterchange if needed

Shoe, only read this now :( So sorry for your loss Lemar, just sucks to lose livestock like this. I hope all will recover soon and wish you good luck with the tank for the future. Sorry again...

Back
Top Bottom