Play station 2 with games

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Seabass, 31 Aug 2011.

1. Seabass

Seabass

I am looking at buying a play station 2 with games. I don't know how
    Much to offer the seller. It comes with 41 games, all original, 20 are ps 2 games the other 21 are ps 1 games but compatible with ps 2 console. How much should I offer.

No idea which games he has but my "nephew" will love it.

Thanks, just have been out of the game thing for many years so I have no idea.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seabass

Seabass Thread Starter

Bump

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

pierre it depends on the games i suppose, a PS2 new is like R1700 and in some cases you can get them with 5 games for approx R2000..

so i would say if the games are something worth while playing and not just a load of junk just thrown in for the sale thats where you need to make your decision .

also how old is the PS2? they are not that cheap to fix.. i had mine repaired the other day and it cost me R500...

5. pXius

pXius

Actually, a NEW PS2 is R950 at CNA...

In all honesty I wouldn't pay that much.

If you got to PlayStation 3 - South African PS3 Community and brows there classifieds You'll find PS3's for R1500 with 2 or so games which imo is a better buy.

BT games sells loads of secondhand PS3 games for R100-150 a pop and sometimes even new games in that range.

So unless you are inclined to get the 41 games I'd look at something else. All 41 games are probably not even in your taste...

Oh, and check out the electronics section of www.carbonite.co.za , I saw one there for R1700 the other day 80gig version with 2 remotes and 4 games.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2011
  6. leslie hempel

nicley put fanie...

im looking at a WII for my kids for future.. if bonus time allows for it..

7. Evo R

Evo R

Dont waste your time..... get a new XBOX black slim range. You get them in 4 and 250 gig config. Has the latest and BEST graffics engin availible to date.(Beter than the older xbox's and ps3's) and do your self a favor and get a gold plated hdmi cable and a HD tv.

It will be the most realistc gaming experiance you'll ever have!!

8. Evo R

Evo R

O and you get Xbox kenect.
    Its like WII , but instead of holding or swinging a remote.....YOU are the remote.

9. leslie hempel

um for me this would be for my kids.. ha ha you seem to be loving being a teenager huh?

10. pXius

pXius

Actually the only new thing about the Xbox slim is the way it looks, and smaller nano-meter CPU and GPU chips. It still uses the same ATI graphics. Its no more powerful then the previous one, it just runs colder so the fans are quieter.

As far as graphics is concerned PS3 still has the edge as its able to render more detail, faster. This is only apparent in exclusives though.

Further, gold plated HDMI wont matter unless you have a very high standard sound system, and I don't mean the big Sony system everyone buys. I'm talking custom. The gold helps with static noise. You will be looking at a 1.3 HDMI cable which will be able to carry all resolutions uo to 340MHz, although your TV is only 60-65.

The debate of which console is better in terms of PS3 vs Xbox is pointless as they both have their advantages.

As a gaming system only I prefer the Xbox purely because of the controller which imo is unmatched.

As a entertainment system the PS3 has more to offer as it includes blue-ray which is a nice bonus if you don't already have one.

Furthermore when it comes to online play you will need to pay for an Xbox live substitution where the PS3's PSN network is free.

It comes down to taste really.

And to all the gamers on the forum. . . PLAY GAMES NOT PLATFORMS

EDIT: As for movement controllers. Xbox-kinect and Playstation move, Xbox wins here for up to 2 player. If you're the kind of guys that enjoy family fun in front of the tube, the PS move allows up to 4 players.

Both of these "movement" systems don't have that many games available though and I wouldn't choose a console based on this aspect.

And some more: The Xbox is more than 6 years old and the PS3 is close to 5. In terms of technology, Xbox is reaching its limits in terms of graphics hardware where as the PS3 has not reached its graphics peak yet.

That said, both consoles are rather old and due for replacement and lots of speculation points to a new console in 2012-2013.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2011
  11. Evo R

Evo R

Oom wa my koen?? :lol:

Ag we are all still young at hart. And the only difference between "kids" our age and your kids........our toys are just a tad bit more expensive!!

@Leslie im 28 now, but ill always stay a kid inside till the day i die. Age is only a number. And honestly.... ill rather be a 60 yr old trying things a 20 yr old would, than being 20 and moaning and bitching like 90 yr old fossile!!

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  12. pXius

pXius

agreed

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  13. Evo R

Evo R

......... so wat jy nou basies vir my se is.........die verkoops persoon het klomp k@k gepraat??

Either way i like my Xbox non the less!!

14. pXius

pXius

Pretty much ja. Verkies ook my Xbox. Gebruik my PS3 net vir Little big planet en MGS.

15. leslie hempel

mmm i see we have a couple of GAYMERS here :tt2:

Recent Posts