Plant tank

Reaction score
Hey, so all of this talk about plants got me all excited and I went out to buy a little tank to put some plants in so I could begin growing them.
I also bought this thing called floredepot, which apparently makes the plants grow mad quick, looks like a nutrient full soil.
But I made a mistake while putting the whole thing together by somehow turning my heater on instead of the florencent light, and I didn't notice because the other one was on at the same time and ended up frying out the heater, which really pissed me off so I had a couple of :peroni::peroni::peroni: and then I came up with this thought... If I am keeping just plants in the tank, would they mind cold water ?

Reaction score
you can throw the floradepot away... its shit

Contact aquality for Seachem Florite. Also remember you need the same lights to run a planted tank than what you need to run a reef.... i have more powerful lights on my planted tank than on my reef....

Reaction score
You have a tank, just with plants ? Is it some sort of gardening think ?

Reaction score
i'll rather cut my left foot off with a blunt tea spoon than keep tinfoils in a planted tank :p

Singularity

Hmmm amper!
Reaction score
henk, was wondering, what substrate do u use ? and could u do a very thin bottom layer of peat and cover that up with a fine substarte, would that work in a discus planted tank ?

Reaction score
you need a balanced soil. Seachem Florite is awsum awsum stuff. in the 1st photo i used a home made brew... worked well till you tryed to pull some plants out :p