Piranha's

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to go for Pacu's then you gonna have to go big and I mean big cos they become monsters when they bigger I mean they really get big so they need space. It totally depends on what you want really. You could go for another malawi tank or go for fish from lake tanganyka ( I think that is how it is spelt) When I had my freshwater tank most my fish were from that lake and they were beautiful. My favourites were frontosa's they also need a big tank especially depth. but a 2m will survice.

Hi Chat Devil,

Which area are you in? We can better direct you to some decent LFS's in your area.

Here is a tank for sale that could be quite nice for large fish

Awesome Tanks For Sale!!! - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Are there any specific size limitations you have for a new tank?

Why not join the dark side (marines) and get yourself a nice little nano. Will provide you with many hours of enjoyment and will be a lovely focal point in your flat as well. We can all help you with setting one up...

Clinton

Where are u located? If you are in cape town you must go speak to a guy called Yunus he sells fom home. He is well known in cape town for freshwater tanks and he is very reasonable in price. When I had my freshwater tank I only went to him as if he did not have he will try to get for me. He had the red bellied piranas

PM me his details please !! I'm looking for some Checkerboard Pigeon Discus

Wow thanks Palmerc thats a bit tooooo big, i stay in a flat and have a fussy land load so yeah, i think i need a nice size nano, i see u stay in Jhb cool, any idea where i can go check out some cool equipment? please

Sorry guys but Pacu`s have no place in the hobby.No store should sell fish that they know will out grow any normal size tank.I`m sure Wee-Man can back me up here,from what I`ve read Pacu`s are the number one problem fish in the UK ,as far as out growing tanks .Most public aquariums in the UK have more than enough monster Pacu`s that have been dumped on them by dumb uncaring people.

Here is the black list... sorry its only 22 pages not 29.... Please guys report any of these fish/animals to your local nature conservation body, they are banned for a reason!

Attachments

• fish blacklist.pdf
    33.9 KB · Views: 592
Agreed Zookeeper, along with specied like shovelnoses, red tail catfish, giant gouramies and even imo oscars.. the list goes on, peeps are just too freaking lazy to research 1st.

I can't believe the Texas Cichlid is on that list, eish, when was this list released ?

hey guys hold on, 1st i did not know Red bellie Piranhas were blacklisted, 2nd i will never harm any living creature!!! i just wanted to know and now i know, so apologies if i offended anybody.

hey guys hold on, 1st i did not know Red bellie Piranhas were blacklisted, 2nd i will never harm any living creature!!! i just wanted to know and now i know, so apologies if i offended anybody.

Hey!

you didnt offend any one... we are just preventing a disaster from happening :thumbup:

Dude, you have not offended anyone, we are just sharing and learning, I have seen 3 fish on the list that I know.. I'm learning just as much !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom