Pipe fish? I think

Reaction score
I read a while back that Weeman loves seeing shots from around different coastal areas. I was sitting having a beer in oslo harbour, went for a stroll and was looking into the water when i saw what i thought was a pipe or needle fish merge itself into the algae growing over a muscle bed on the edge of a pier.

So on sunday i borrowed snorkel and mask, drank 2 l of water, cut the clear bottle in half and went fishing.

I found this fella, and the biggest pipe fish I ahve ever seen lying motionless on the bottom. he was getting skittish of me, but basically stayed still untill i had the lip under his chin, then it was a tickle of his tail and he shot forward into the bottle. Easy as that and the best fish I have caught in years. I was super stoked, and he was released, but I KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE:)

i also caught a really pretty shrimp...glass like with very small yellow and blue dots.

excuse the pic quality, taken through milky plastic container...

PS See weeman i do think of pics you might like to see....like those pigs before:):p

Reaction score
hmmm dates not set yet, but either august or sept. and i wanna fish to help stock the 1.8m watery tv i have, so u can keep your grunter for now:)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen loads of pipefish off the UK shore, did some scuba diving a few years back in a quiet cove, plenty of pipefish :)