Pincushion Question

How long should I leave till I cut the stalk, I am sure I would need quite a bit of stalk growing on the new LR before hacking it

if you want a big frag cut vertically.other wise just cut a piece of the top of the pincushion.they grow very fast

Doesn't really matter where or how you cut, it'll regrow irrespective of how it's cut. You could even cut the entire head off, slice it into 4 - 6 pieces and you'll end up with a whole colony of pin cushions. Just remember to do the cutting outside of the tank and then rinse everything in a separate bucket of tank water before returning the pieces into the main tank.

Doesn't really matter where or how you cut, it'll regrow irrespective of how it's cut. You could even cut the entire head off, slice it into 4 - 6 pieces and you'll end up with a whole colony of pin cushions. Just remember to do the cutting outside of the tank and then rinse everything in a separate bucket of tank water before returning the pieces into the main tank.

I am too scared :whistling:

Now this one pincushion has been like this for weeks, i have moved him around, high flow - low flow etc.

It just will not fully extract his polyps, should I worry or just leave it.

I have also posted a pic of his brother as you can see he has long flowing hair :)

528488b7310e626b.jpg

I had terrible luck with pin cushions, they just refused point blank to ever open up fully in my system, no idea why:(

No need to get rid of it, mine didn't die, they just never showed good polyp extension. They are known to sulk for up to a couple of weeks at a time, must be woman corals:p

So just leave it or should I get rid of it ?

Warren, you'll never be happy with it and it'll satart to bug the living daylights out of you in a couple of days time when it still does not want to open, so, you want the address of my Dustbin.....:razz: :whistling: :lol:

Warren, you'll never be happy with it and it'll satart to bug the living daylights out of you in a couple of days time when it still does not want to open, so, you want the address of my Dustbin.....:razz: :whistling: :lol:

I tell you what, if it's not right by the time I make a roadtrip down to your spot, it's yours ;)

Back
Top Bottom