Piece of uncured LR, how long will it take to cure with the bucket method?

Reaction score
Got an awesome piece of LR from Warr7207 that is uncured (was previously cured but was removed from the tank and dried out a bit)

Doesn't have a funky smell or anything but want to make sure before I put it in my new nano! ;)

At the moment i've got it in a 10L bucket of SW with just a powerhead. Is a heater also required?

How long will this take? (as I said the rock didn't have a bad smell to it)

Do I do water changes?

Is there any other way I should do this?

I would measure the water every 3 days - if you do not detect ammonia or nitrites after a week I guess you are fine.

If you do detect Ammonia, do water changes till all dead shit is gone. I want to see that "rock" purple :lol:

;) hehe Warren the other piece of rock you gave me looks SO out of place compared to my others! Everything else is pretty purple hehe.

haha ;) Warr: post some new pics of your NEW tank already!

;) How long has this piece of LR been out of your tank? still curing but I want to add it already haha.

Haha I couldn't stand the bucket with a powerhead method, so I went one better and put it in my mates nano (he's busy cycling it right now!)

At least that way it be like watching the kettle boil! Man was he envious when he saw the piece, looks awesome!

Geez Matt, all this talk about one piece of live rock, you gotta show us a pic of it.

Back
Top Bottom