Pics taken with new Waterproof Camera

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

I thought I'd share this with you :)

We've got a holiday booked going to the Maldives. So, naturally one of my 1st thoughts was: PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!!! Now, there's now way I'm going to the Maldives & not take any pics of fish & corals!! :laugh:
Soooo, of course a 'under water' camera needed to be purchased.
The 1st thought was a casing for my Nikon, but it's bloody expensive!! :eek:
So we started looking at alternatives. Hubby found a new camera on the market from Olympus. It's shock & waterproof. After some investigation, we bought it :)
So tonight I tested it out IN my tank :thumbsup:
Here are the results:

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

P1100039.jpg

P1100058.jpg

P1100037.jpg

P1100025.jpg

wow it doesnt even look like an underwater camera,like those ones with heaps of rubber
and a trolley to push it around in because it is so big

Hey, be careful - the camera body contains copper, and can be BAD for your corals

Better send it to me for safe keeping.

Just joking, of course. :) :) It's an awesome little camera, and truly unbelievable photos. Guess I'll have to buy myself one as well, if you don't send me yours.

Hennie

Those are some of the most stunning tank shots I have ever seen.

:thumbup:

WOW! Heline.... REALLY IMPRESSED! My Canon + underwater housing do not EVEN COME CLOSE in quality!

JUST: don't try and SCUBA dive with that camera.... It can ONLY go to a max of 5 or 8 metres....... I have had a look at those camera's MANY MANY times as an alternative to my Canon + underwater housing..... BUT wont work for me - as I dive to 40 metres!

BUT - good show! I am REALLY impressed with the pictures quality and clarity!

Then again - you have ALWAYS taken GREAT pictures! You should think going professional (even underwater pictures!) - Look at what Andrew Woodburn achieved! (google andrew woodburn & diving photography)...

BTW: You got some GREAT new additions to your tank! Good show!

Specs say up to 3m so perfect for taking underwater shots in your tank.

Jacques, woudl you recommend this camera as a do it all. I've been looking out for a new camera just to take family pics etc. but wanted something that could also be used on my tank.

Seashell, how does it work when taking pics of your corals from outside the tank through the glass. Can you get such good macro's still?

Specs say up to 3m so perfect for taking underwater shots in your tank.

Jacques, woudl you recommend this camera as a do it all. I've been looking out for a new camera just to take family pics etc. but wanted something that could also be used on my tank.

Seashell, how does it work when taking pics of your corals from outside the tank through the glass. Can you get such good macro's still?

Hi Clinton - yes - definitely - I have NEVER come across an Olympus that does not take REALLY decent pictures!

AND: It's waterproof too! Now you can take the camera to the water-world, to the beach etc, without worries!

Back
Top Bottom