pics of SUPER-NANO 600

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by JsPLAYn, 22 Jun 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

colours arent as intense as they are under more blue-ish lights,im only running a 20k 250w MH,nothing else,dats skimmer been running 3 days only since new and look at that gunk..... also i have some lovely aptasia:p but they ok for now,will zap them if they get outa hand:lol:

4. Ayoob

Ayoob

Looking amazing bra. Keep up the good work.

5. crispin

crispin

ok now you are taking chances with LS that i realy dont think is fair or right for the live stock. Ive been one to speak out before and Im not inclined to stay silent in my mellowed state.

Its one thing to say :finger: to conventional reefing with regards to stability of a decent tank before adding a nennie (yours being dropped into a brand new tank after a few days of running) and whilst i certainly dont agree with what you are doing to the nennie (experimentation as you put it) ive bitten my tongue. But to then add a sand sifting goby into a rediculously new tank without a matured sand bed is again against the better intrests of the fish. the fact that your tank is too small for that fish seems to have passed you by as well.

But then to place a fish like a Niger Trigger which has a reccomended MINIMUM tank size of 180 US gallons (your tank just topping the 21 US gallon mark) is simply rediculous and clearly you are simply experimenting with things you think look pretty and not taking into account the well being and longevity of the tank or its organisms.

Granted longevity isnt something youve been able to achieve yet, but it could still be a goal.

6. mornewil

mornewil Morne

That branching montis are growing bra. they look bigger

7. crispin

crispin

oh and while im having a critical look at this system, the cyano youve half cleaned off the glass and which is taking hold of your LR is a veryu strong indication of raised Nitrates and a lack of filtration and stability. so want to know why people say wait till a tank is mature before adding nennies, look at your own system and its a good indication of how not to reef (in my personal opinion, although thats been echoed by many before me)

8. FransSny

FransSny

Mmmm, trying to push the limits here I see :)

Firstly , nice pics.

Secondly why would you want to put a trigger in that setup ? Or am I seeing things...bud please go check the range those guys forage.....definitely not a 600 mm.

Thirdly , the nennie against the glass is not ideal or natural, looking at your powerhead arrangement , you are keeping it in place, and if it were to settle into a more natural spot I would hazard a guess that you would run into issues with the other inmates

Lastly , please (and this is meant in the best way possible), stop experimenting. YES it is your choice , money etc so you can probably do what you want. But remember that your experiment / idea might not always be as good for the tankmates as you hoped. There is a HUGE difference between LS living and thriving.

Also dont you just get gatvol of swopping tanks the whole time ? Damn it would irritate the crap outta me

Good luck anyways, hope it works...

9. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

:lol: @crispin, I see you still have the 'selective' reading problem .... I knw its not suitable for nemmie or trigger ... But as I have stated before that 1stly, the tank is running all in all 6mnths + ... I've added the nemmie only a mnth ago... The trigger is tiny and yes, when he does grow bigger , I will sort out a decent size home for him .... I am NOT experimenting with fish, as I stated before, my experiment is the sps, and fyi ,its working .... As for cyano, yes,there were some, but since I added the reef oct skimmer, they just miraculously started fading , what I scrapped off the glass was not cyano, but the normal green algae on back glass coz magnet can't reach their and it built up,
    So go on and say what you want, but I personally think that you guys must post more pics of ur own systems, so we can see just how 'perfect' they are,coz all u guys do is critisie and more and more, and with respect to you guys as I do knw you posess more knowlege than I do ... But in all regard, my livestock is healthy and happy and that's how I intend to keep it ......

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  10. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Oh and @FransSny .... No I don't get iritated by all the changes.... I'm trying methods, so when I build my dream tank, it'll be built to what I 'definately' wants specs...you personally saw my 2m and honestly,did u see anything wrong with regards to my caring for stock, and I know I can't compare a 2m to a 600 .... But I had so many fish, topping the 60 mark of which about 8 were tangs in a 2m and all thrived .....

I would like to see longevity in one of the guys who permanantly critisises tanks.... Then I will gladly accept the advice... As for u @FransSny, as I can recall, nt too long ago you were also swopping and changing and experimentin ..... @459b ... I believe all your tanks do is take a dive , @crispin, I haven't really read your threads and when I did one day, there were more pics of farm animals than of your tank .... So post some real pics and let's see what you guys have achieved and then let's talk again .....

And again,I apologise if it sounded rude, but just stating the facts although u guys just always post rude sounding ,belitteling comments and never really apologise, so I'll js be the big man here

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  11. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

You are contradicting yourself with regards to how long this tank has been running. In the other thread it was 6 weeks and nennie added two weeks :whistling:
    Anyway, to put the trigger in there until it grows bigger and then find a suitable home is not to say the fish will be happy. It's like locking a small child in the toilet and wait for him to become 16 and then let him into a bigger or the rest of the house - will he be happy? No! But does he have a choice? No! There is a big difference in thriving and being happy and just "living" cause you have oxygen and food.
    No one is comparing their setups against yours, they (including me) is commenting on the WAY you do it. Anyone with a bit of money can have a nice tank in a few days and brag about it. I have seen lesser nice tanks but they have been running for years successfully and that is what matters. Not throwing money into a new tank every month for the sake of stupid experiments.
    In my opinion the livestock we remove from the ocean for our viewing pleasure, in your case "experimental pleasure", deserves a stable environment and not being chucked into a too small tank or too young tank just because you wanna see if it works. This hobby has been here for years and most experienced reefers have tried what you did now and learned from it, hence the advice to NOT do it. Why you don't want the advice and keep on with your "I want to prove something attitude" is beyond me.
    You need help dude....hence it being with regards to marines or your attitude towards this hobby (and others) - take it as you like ;)

12. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Anyways, so I have decided a million times b4 not to post, but to ONLY follow threads on masa, and yet, the excitement to share always gets the better of me and this is always the response to my threads, every one of it and it seems to be the same guys hammering me over and over again....

Do urselves a favour and please close this thread, dammit this is the last time I ever share anything on masa, I will rather watch other do the same and not get hammered like me....

13. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

So you are the victim now? I thought it was the livestock...

You are causing it to yourself than to rather listen to advice. What did you think would be the response from reefers really caring about the livestock and see that you only doing it for the sake of experimenting?

If you want to experiment with SPS, then do it - but don't put a nennie in an un-matured tank and a trigger in a small tank.

It's not personal. Rather listen to the guys.

14. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

O ja, other newbies might do the same, but then they listen to the experienced reefers and fix it - you don't. Simple as that ;)

15. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Eish....

16. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Met eish ya:lol:

17. crispin

crispin

I think the main point thats flown over your head in all this is that in general people on masa are passionate about the organisms under our controll and personally I do all I can to ensure the longevity of the fish and organisms I have within my tanks. I make mistakes, and I do loose the odd fish but i also read and listen to the experience and knowledge of other reefers, on masa, reef central and ultimate reef. so when cleverer people than myslef tell me that a nennie (after millions of attempts at trial and error) shouldnt be in an unstable tank and that stability and maturity of a biological filtration system (especially if using primarily a berlin filtration system) takes 9-12 months, well I listen. I do what convention has taught us while also staying abreast of the advances within reef keeping as they happen around the world. I research, i plan and i do things slowly and deliberately. In short I am the opposite to you.

18. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

I forgot to add this. Do you really think it is an achievement to go to a LFS, spend a couple of grand and chuck all the livestock in a tank basically at once and then post pics?
    Leave that tank for a few years, if everything is flourishing and the trigger can still turn around without touching the glass and the nennie hasn't fought with a flow pump, then it's an achievement. So please, don't compare your 5 min tank with mature tanks.

19. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

What calender do you use? Cause if you look at the first picture which is your fake thread on "lilreefers" tank, it shows you started the thread on 24 April this year and you mentioned there you started the tank two weeks prior to that. It is clearly the same tank if you look at both pics - check the top right corner and if you look in your for sale thread it was never sold. I also remember the powerlab sticker you put there. Now that is 2 months and two weeks ago, so I don't understand the statement from you below :whistling:

Also

Here are your quotes from your new super nano thread

"the tanks been runnin 'in this state' for pass 2weeks"

and

"My tank my rules, I'm just sharing the experience ... Besides, tank is 6 weeks running ......"

Can you explain?

[​IMG]

You need to get your facts straight and stop giving false info just to try and justify for what you're doing

20. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

dude, do u honestly have nothing better to do??? you guys are honestly starting to sound like a bunch of drama queens.... if you not happy with the thread, delete it!!!! if you not happy with me Ban me from masa.... but damn, you embarising yourself more than u trying me

21. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

You are the one that is embarrassing yourself with all your lies and the make believe threads supposed to be someone else's (lilreefers) - I'm just highlighting it :whistling:

Recent Posts