Pics of my livestock so far...

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, here are some pics of my livestock. I still want to add some colourful corals if I can get. No one has and the people who have don't wanna sell. Just waiting for my Manderin then fish are done.

DSC01188.gif

DSC01245.gif

DSC01246.gif

DSC01248.gif

DSC01250.gif

DSC01262.gif

DSC01264.gif

DSC01266.gif

DSC01268.gif

DSC01269.gif

DSC01272.gif

DSC01275.gif

Here's more

DSC01278.gif

DSC01279.gif

DSC01280.gif

DSC01287.gif

DSC01292.gif

DSC01293.gif

DSC00837.gif

DSC00485.gif

DSC01270.gif

DSC01263.gif

DSC01244.gif

DSC01234.gif

Tobes, looking great. Some nice species there.

The mandarin is a great fish, just hang on a while. As you will need loads of pod life for them to survive. They are also very timid fish, so the dwarf angel and shrimps will eat any pod they see before the mandarin.

This is also the last fish on my tank's list,I just want to make sure I have loads of food for him before buying.

Tobes, looking great. Some nice species there.

The mandarin is a great fish, just hang on a while. As you will need loads of pod life for them to survive. They are also very timid fish, so the dwarf angel and shrimps will eat any pod they see before the mandarin.

This is also the last fish on my tank's list,I just want to make sure I have loads of food for him before buying.

I think the manderin should be OK, this tank has been running for 7 months now and the live rock and substrate are from my old tank which ran for one and a half years - I just transfered everything and ran the tank for 2 months with only 2 clown fishes in. I also added that refugium with a DSB and live rock 4 months ago. What do you think? Is that OK?

nice collection Tobes.what are you feeding your long nose butterfly?

I read a bit about them, they say they graze algae on the rocks and except frozen foods like mysid shrimp, but not really dry flakes. Are there any other special foods that you know about?

I read a bit about them, they say they graze algae on the rocks and except frozen foods like mysid shrimp, but not really dry flakes. Are there any other special foods that you know about?

Hi, common misconception. They look as if they graze algae mats, but infact eat critters between the algae, picture like oxpeckers picking off fleas from fur.

Just mentioning coz someone i know wanted to start them on nori as a staple. these fish should be fed a varied majority protein diet

L8r

Thanks for all the comments and advice guys. I also use frozen foods in the evening. Imagine that, I always thought that I'm feeding frozen mysid shrimp - just saw on the packet it says "Artemia"...:p :p , never noticed that. Now I feel like a twat...:whistling:

I got Artemia eggs today, will put them in a tub with tank water to hatch. I know the temp must be right, but do you need an air pump?

Back
Top Bottom