Pics for Warr and lovers of redfang triggers

Reaction score
I read somewhere that you like these guys - judging from your avatar . . . .
Took these in the Maldives . . .
10144889ffc892193.jpg

There were millions everywhere! Lotsa blacktips too!
1014488a004ae7e43.jpg

Reaction score
Great pics, thanks dude. I have been told they are quite crazy fish in the wild

Reaction score
HHMMM - Crazy??

Dont know bout crazy - crazy cool maybe. . .

They sit on the edge of the dropoff and wait for the coldwater plankton to rise from the bottom - at times they are millions and millions and millions ALL around you, below left right up down EVERYWHERE - till the kingfish swim by - they all dart toward the reef - hehehe CRAZY COOL

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
WOW! Awesome pic Christiaan. I never dived the Maldives yet... BUT the one's (redfangs or niger triggers as they call them in the aquarium trade), I have dived with in Southern Moz, and Sodwana, actually attack you if you come to close to their liking, to their nests..... They actually tried to bite my fins sometimes... and lunged at my mask ;-)

They, together with two-bar clown's, are really FAR more aggresive than any other fish that I have encountered in the wild, so far.....

BTW - you were BLOODY lucky that you were able to black-tip sharks.... wow! That must have been awesome. I have not been lucky enough (in just under 100 dives) to see any sharks while SCUBA diving.... Except in the predator display at the 2 Oceans (LOL.... yeah ... did the "shark dive thing")....

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
LOL Andreas! No man.... I have had this "thing" for sharks since I was a teenie-weenie little boy.... I just LOVE them.
I already did the white shark cage dive too. Would just LOVE to do the tiger shark dive, and the white shark free dive.... but unfortunately my wife does not share my enthusiasm :)
I am CRAZY over sharks!

BTW: some update - I am going to be building in Sun servers again into racks for Vodacom soon :)
No more BI for me at this stage! LOL!

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yes - Andreas - it is legal - there's a guy in Gansbaai that does it ;-)
Yeah - it is a bit expensive.... but perhaps worth the once in a lifetime thing: +-R1000 for the day on a boat at Gansbaai...