PICOdilly builds a Nano

I just seen that the Horizon App for my Zetlight 1201-wi-fi has updated and now indicates what color you are adjusting. What I noticed is that the Violet and green are on the same slide. What percentage should I run the violet and green at?
Screenshot_20180420-193245.jpg

I just seen that the Horizon App for my Zetlight 1201-wi-fi has updated and now indicates what color you are adjusting. What I noticed is that the Violet and green are on the same slide. What percentage should I run the violet and green at?
Screenshot_20180420-193245.jpg
Well red and green makes the algea on your glass grow quicker so they should have put those two on the same channel and voilet seperate. Voilet you can run quite high

Can violet not bleach a coral
No wont be a problem....you wont have to worry about bleaching corals with 16w of led....

Also, from my experience corals bleach because of a number of factors working together...not just light alone... For example High Alk coupled with too intense light will bleach....

Last edited:
Hey all need some advice. I've decided my first fish is going to be a Watchman Gobie and I'm hoping to add it next week. I've seen loads of guys add them with a pistol shrimp but I was under the impression a pistol shrimp was not a good addition. What do you guys recommend and if a pistol shrimp is OK where can I get one?

I have a watchman with a pistol shrimp as a pair. They are great to watch.
I’ve had no issues with the pistol, he goes about his business at night snapping at stuff.
The sound they make is pretty loud, so be prepared for that.

OK so the Watchman Goby never came in so I got myself a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. Seems to have settled in so far and ate on Mysis straight away. My biggest concern is that they are jumpers.
IMG_20180427_134010.jpeg

Ouch, be strong, i lost track of all the fish that jumped out of my tanks

Last edited:
Metholated spirits. The purple kak the hobos get pissed on

Jurre I would not suggest using any chemicals like this on any equipment that goes near your tank... you will wipe your tank out .. rather clean with a vinegar solution if you have to use anything

Finally added two fish to my Nano. Mossambicus Blenny and a Bicolor Blenny. Tank still running nice and clean but that might change with adding fish and having to feed more now
IMG_20180630_140539.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom