PICOdilly builds a Nano

What would you guys recommend my flow be in my +_ 50 litre Nano. Currently got a 800 l/pH return pump and my WaveMaker is 2000 l/pH. It seems a bit much as zoas and frogspawn tend to not open fully when WaveMaker is running. I've tried moving the direction of flow as well but the water seems to be moving quite rapidly all round the tank.
That sounds a bit rough. If you take away head height you running your system 16 time a hour through your sump or back compartment. Try bringing that down? Dont know what wavemaker you have but maybe put it on a short pulse mode so it only makes a bit of water movement at a time

flow on softies & lps the has a general rule of 20-30x your tank volume. maybe aim it at the surface & see if that helps
Think I'm way over that at about 40 times a hour and that's not including my return pump. I have directed it to face the surface but think it's sitting to high up in the tank. Want to try lower the pump and have it face up as much as possible. Frogspawn still looked like it was being swirled to much this morning.

So I think I have come right with the flow pump/WaveMaker. I mounted it on the opposite side and it is firing behind my scape work so corals seem happy and I'm happy I still have my water turning over 40 times a hour.
IMG_20180418_192309.jpg
IMG_20180418_192504.jpg

Last edited:
Post a YouTube link.

Just upload them to Youtube and then post the link here then it will show :).

Back
Top Bottom