Picasso Trigger compatibility in a large enough tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by IvanTheAce, 7 Aug 2016.

1. IvanTheAce

IvanTheAce

Hi Reefers. I just have a quick question.

I recently set up a 450l marine tank, my idea was to fill this tank with peaceful community fish. Currently there is only one copperband in there. I recently moved one of my live rocks in one of my other tanks over the to new tank and lo and behold when I turned on the lights tonight my Picasso trigger from the other tank reversed out of its secret cave in the rock to discover its new tank.

I haven't planned on keeping the picasso in there (clown compatibility) but seeing how much it enjoys this new tank I feel too bad to take it out now and put it back into its' previous tank.

Do you guys think that a 450l tank is large enough to hold a small picasso (about 3cm) and maybe a clown fish without having them fight?

I read somewhere that in a large enough tank you could mix otherwise incompatible species.

What are your thoughts on this? Should I rather convert this into an aggressive tank or is it possible for me to mix the two? It feels too cruel to move it back (450l to a 125l), my plan was to eventually move the trigger to a larger tank but not this one.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Move the clown to the old smaller tank.

4. IvanTheAce

IvanTheAce Thread Starter

I also thought about that this morning. Guess I'm creating an aggressive tank now. :)

Thanks for the reply.

5. hotdog83

hotdog83 Clone Fish

450 liter might be fine for a while until the picasso is bigger, but it won't be big enough in the long term.

Recent Posts