Phytoplankton culture

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Reeferman, 22 Dec 2011.

1. Reeferman

Reeferman

Hi, would like to know if there is any one in the Northern Suburbs who can help me with some ''green water'' to start my culture. I have tried it with Phytoplankton from Seachem, but it only makes clumps. Also I would like to know if anybody has some Rotifers going.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Last edited: 23 Dec 2011
  4. Dane

Dane

I think the poster is looking for someone with greenwater or rotis to get his own culture going.
    @Reeferman - give the aquarium a ring and see if they'll help you, I'm pretty sure they have - but not sure they're allowed to give...
    I have greenwater here at my company but not rotis. And everyone is on leave right now so I cant help out. Give me a pm in the 2nd week of jan and I might be able to help out. ;-)
    D

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. Reeferman

Reeferman Thread Starter

Thank you for that info, but I did tried to phone the aquarium and they said that they do not have the cultures I am looking for. I don't know if that is just an excuse not to give out to the public. Even the local pet stores do not have any. Thanks Dane, will give you a buzz next year if I'm not sorted.

Here is a pic of my first attempt of my culture...:)

[​IMG]

6. Eta Lyons

Eta Lyons

Eta Lyons

Hi,

I am also looking for Rotifers. I will post if I find any - please do the same. There must be someone that has.
    Happy New Year.
    Regards,
    Eta

7. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

i have live phyto cultures and have a friend who lives in port shepstone who has just finished seperating resting rotifers and has a culture going....will give him a shout and keep you posted

8. ken

ken

I have phyto available.. Only tetraselmis tho.. But I'm in jhb

Recent Posts